Author Topic: Need help with graphic glitch  (Read 3203 times)

Hey everyone, I played blockland a couple years ago and decided to come back to it by buying the retail version. I got it installed and it works great until I start building. When I put bricks down this happens:

My Windows XP is all up to date, I have the latest version of DirectX 9, and the most recent drivers for my video card so everything should be fine. I have also re-installed the game a couples time with no luck of fixing it. I've messed with the resolution also with no luck. Heres my specs (nothing special but it should run BlockLand):

AMD Sempron 3000+
512MB Ram
ATI Radeon 9600 128MB

Any suggestions?

God, I've never seen artifacts like that O_O I'd say artifacts, but as I just said, I'm not sure...someone else help :o

Try adjusting the anistropic filtering and AA. I'm not sure if these are features within the game, but I do not have Blockland on this computer.

If your running vista then the problem lies with the ATI drivers

He's running Windows XP.
First off, I suggest going to your CCC, (Catalyst Control Center) and turn everything back to default, and try playing Blockland again.
Also, while you're there, turn off the AA (Anti Aliasing) to the lowest possible option you can, maybe even turn it off if that's possible.

I think its fixed I havn't had the glitch for a little while now. I put everything in my CCC to the original defaults and put the Anistropic Filtering all the way up (for some reason it was at 0). Thank you everyone :cookieMonster:

Well I thought it was fixed but I went to play again today and its doing it again even worse than before. I've messed with the Anti Aliasing with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Try turning off Dynamic Lights, reducing Hardware and Texture Lights in the Graphics Panel.
Then try setting Anisotropy to 0, and reduce the Draw Distance a bit (not too far), the try turning off Precipitation and Trilinear Filtering, Textured Fog and Animated Lights in the Advanced Panel.

Try turning off Dynamic Lights, reducing Hardware and Texture Lights in the Graphics Panel.
Then try setting Anisotropy to 0, and reduce the Draw Distance a bit (not too far), the try turning off Precipitation and Trilinear Filtering, Textured Fog and Animated Lights in the Advanced Panel.
Messed with that but its still doing it. Any other help would be appreciated.

Badspot

• Administrator
It's some kind memory corruption on the video card.  I have a very similar setup (athlon, 9800pro, xp) with no problems.  Does it happen at random or the instant you plant a brick?  What about with only transparent bricks?  (The transparent and opaque bricks use different rendering methods)

Well now it seems to just happen is any brick is on the screen. I dont even have to be looking at it, and it starts doing its thing.

I had this same problem once but when i ingored it my comp broke fortunately i had 2 comps I think you should contact ATI... I never trust ATI thats why i got GeForce 6200

cover up the old mess with a new one