Author Topic: Problems getting on the internet...  (Read 2666 times)

I just recently bought blockland. Thing is I can't go online at all even with the correct settings set (At least I think they're right). I use a DSL modem (uses a cable connection).

Should I set it to custom settings? If so, Which settings should I set it to?

PS. Yes. My firewall is off.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 12:32:26 PM by Megaman765 »

Badspot

• Administrator
What happens exactly?  Do you see "Welcome, Blockhead" at the bottom of the main menu or something else?  Are you able to get a list of servers?

Well I dont get any servers at all. When I click join game It says this pop up message.

Connection failed during master server query.

1. Verify your internet connection

2. Make sure any security software you have is set to allow blockland.exe to connect to the internet.

Well I have done all of that so I dont know what else could be wrong.

Do you have any software running in the background? Norton (or any other programs) can be a bitch for that.

Also DSL is a different type of internet from cable internet

Make sure that your router allows access to port 28000 at least, I know you said you had a modem, with no mention of a router, but most people have some sort of router or network hub. If you can't get any connection through after we have tried to help you, then contact your ISP for further support.

You may have Nvidia ActiveArmor, which is a hidden application that can seriously screw up your connection, this program usually comes in Nvidia nForce chipset drivers, I say this because it has proven to be a constant pain because it conflicts with BitTorrent.

turn on firewall, start BL in mini screen, press "Join Server", a pop up should say "this program is requesting access to internet, will you allow it?" press yes, try again. If it dosn't work, say "it did nothing".

turn on firewall, start BL in mini screen, press "Join Server", a pop up should say "this program is requesting access to internet, will you allow it?" press yes, try again. If it dosn't work, say "it did nothing".

Well I just tried that. "It did nothing". I do have Mcafee so I'll check that and see if I can fix something there.

EDIT: I just checked. It says it has full access to the internet.

What about windows firewall? does your router have a firewall?

i have a simmilar problem when i start it just say authenticating for a long long time
and wont athenticate, my firewall is off im allowed to acess port 28000 and the other one
ive reingstalled 2 times and ive tryed re-entering my code (this has only been happening since last night)
i can usually get on by resetting my internet connection but this dosent work (i have a wirless router)
also over the few weeks ive been playing its come to my attention that someone is using my code
(e.g. being disconnected froms servers saying authentication failed then having to reset my connection to get back on the game) someone please help me or is everyone experiencing this. =( i rlly wna play with my friends quick reply please =(((((

i have a simmilar problem when i start it just say authenticating for a long long time
and wont athenticate, my firewall is off im allowed to acess port 28000 and the other one
ive reingstalled 2 times and ive tryed re-entering my code (this has only been happening since last night)
i can usually get on by resetting my internet connection but this dosent work (i have a wirless router)
also over the few weeks ive been playing its come to my attention that someone is using my code
(e.g. being disconnected froms servers saying authentication failed then having to reset my connection to get back on the game) someone please help me or is everyone experiencing this. =( i rlly wna play with my friends quick reply please =(((((
Same for me D: I guess I will be a active forum person until there is a  fixed.

I installed a windows update (from windows site) yesterday night, now i cant play blr online.

it seems there is a connect error 0 epidemic on the makers hands!

it seems there is a connect error 0 epidemic on the makers hands!

Yeah except a few of the people with  the GTF error(connnect error 0) know partway how to fix it.

i hope this is mainly just a bug in the last patch and not in our computers =0