Author Topic: Need Tips on being a goalie  (Read 904 times)

So Im going outside tomorrow and playing street hockey. I play goalie mostly, but without most equipment. I have $300, which isnt enough to buy pads, a blocker, and a catching glove. I dont need a mask because it costs 200 and I have a regular cage (even though its too small)

So I use:
Goalie Stick (friend's)
Little knee pads that fall off
regular hockey gloves.

So, any tips on being a goalie? I can make good saves, but need help.

Yes.

Protect your nuts

at all costs.

Yes.

Protect your nuts

at all costs.

tried that all the time. shockingly only hapened once with my friend, by my slapshot.

Keep your head on a swivel

Get really fat

they can't score if there's no opening

USE YOUR BODY.
NOTHING PASSES.
DON'T LET YOUR KNEES FOCUS ON BLOCKING.
HURL YOURSELF AT THAT BALL.
I CAN DO IT COACH!
Wait what.
Just use your entire body to block everything that comes at you.

Get really fat

This guy is a Pro

Get really fat

this why i hate fat people in sports. i don't care what weight you are or whatever but i hate it in sports because they are hard to take down or push or whatever and it's annoying.

Sorry Bro I only know to be a goalie in soccer.

they are hard to take down or push or whatever
Seems like a plus to me.

this why i hate fat people in sports. i don't care what weight you are or whatever but i hate it in sports because they are hard to take down or push or whatever and it's annoying.

So

you find

Babe Ruth

annoying?

So

you find

Babe Ruth

annoying?

in baseball it's different, you don't tackle or block or whatever.

Keep your head on a swivel
Most overused term in sports.

Anyways, Pokecheck, Just do it, it almost always works, and don't be afraid to go down on your knees. Also, taking a hockey ball to the head isn't as scary (or painful) as it seems. Before I started playing real hockey I was always the best goalie in our neighborhood. I also had this kick ass hockey helmet I used sometimes. Oh, yes, more tips, You'd be surprised how many balls you can stop with you feet. I usually don't try to catch the ball, I usually just put my arm and/or body in the way so it's all good. Lastly, Avoid putting your had down to stop a ball when there is someone nearby, I'm worried my fingers will get smashed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:31:54 PM by dorkdotdan »

I am going to draw you a picture on what to do.
Give me a moment.