Poll

What to do with it?

TDM.
Zombie Campaign.
For looks.
Burn it.
Grandma!
Dinkgadung-gwhyy-yeaaheeaoo-ha­aaaaaaaaaaaeeeeey-yahoh!

Author Topic: Climate Collide (An attempt at "Cubescaping" update soon) new poll!  (Read 1928 times)

So I got bored one day and had a good idea, that I would make one of those Cubescape things that are getting quite popular around the forums due to the new update and what-not; Anyways here it is. Please note this is nowhere near being done.

There is the forest.

What I have of the desert. (Not many Cacti)

My favorite part. The Tundra. (working on the mountain in the background as we speak)

And a birds eye view. Its probably one of my largest projects ive made so far.

So there you go. You can rate x/10 if you like. I don't care that much. Please note yet again. This is nowhere near completion. I still have a lot of Desert that needs to be finished, and quite a bit more of the Tundra. So try not to Flame or anything. Credits to.
Fob 2987 - pine tree
Tophius 3200 - oak tree
Stulle 2989 - ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:20:19 PM by Lusk »

Trees where stolen.
Those are Nasaboy's I think.

Trees where stolen.
He released a pack I believe.. I should probably credit him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:35:10 PM by Lusk »

Trees where stolen.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=172370.0
No, they aren't stolen.

They also aren't nasaboys, as you will see in the credits section in the topic linked above.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=172370.0
No, they aren't stolen.
ok nevermind me then.
I remember seeing them used on one of Nasaboy's builds a long time ago though.

There we go.. Proper credits I believe.

Trees where stolen.
Yeah, that crate design was made by someone else too, but I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Yeah, that crate design was made by someone else too, but I don't see anyone complaining about that.
Well I didnt steal that. I just built it. Not sure if that counts for anything.

You can't build a tree like that in 10 seconds like you can with a crate.

my point exactly

although, that post is outdated as of the four posts that came afterward..

my point exactly

although, that post is outdated as of the four posts that came afterward..
Just a bit..

Looks decent for a first cubescape. Feel of each biome is well-defined.

However, the changes are rather abrupt and the "terrain" is mostly flat. Add more height variations and it would be better.

Looks decent for a first cubescape. Feel of each biome is well-defined.

However, the changes are rather abrupt and the "terrain" is mostly flat. Add more height variations and it would be better.
Yeah I wasnt sure how to do a transition between Forest and Tundra. But it really does need more hills and such. The desert is way to open and bland.

Don't be afraid of taking examples from Minecraft. The difference between bad landscapes like this and good ones like this

Don't be afraid of taking examples from Minecraft. The difference between bad landscapes like this and good ones like this
Ah I will. Thanks for the tip.