Logo Contest - Cash Prize (Update!)

Author Topic: Logo Contest - Cash Prize (Update!)  (Read 2257 times)

none of what you get here's going to be any good for an actual business, lol.

didn't one guy have someone make him a clock for a tattoo? if we can do tattoos we can do business logos!

Scratch my earlier post, pay me through a steam gift I'll pm you about later.

Do you mind if we just make a logo not conforming to your details but looks good anyways?

none of what you get here's going to be any good for an actual business, lol.

Go back to posting half-naked anime girls, english teacher.
There are quite a few people on the forums who could whip up a good logo.

Do you mind if we just make a logo not conforming to your details but looks good anyways?

This would be nice.  I made one based entirely off your idea but you could probably get some better and more varied results by letting the designer make something similar while maintaining the basic theme.

Go back to posting half-naked anime girls, english teacher.
There are quite a few people on the forums who could whip up a good logo.

This would be nice.  I made one based entirely off your idea but you could probably get some better and more varied results by letting the designer make something similar while maintaining the basic theme.

Best so far, the rest are complete trash.

Problem with OP's idea is that it wouldn't be able to be printed on anything and would probably look ugly against any background since the logo already has a background.  Logos are best as one or two colors with NO backgrounds.

It's not that rest are trash; but it's that rest can't be used as a logo, infact.

Manty did it the best regardless.

It's not that rest are trash; but it's that rest can't be used as a logo, infact.

Manty did it the best regardless.

being that this is a LOGO CONTEST, the rest are indeed complete trash :)

being that this is a LOGO CONTEST, the rest are indeed complete trash :)

If you take it to the purpose, you're right.  :cookieMonster:

Manty's is so much better and cooler but I'll post mine anyways. Maybe you'll like something simpler.

SVG: http://www.mediafire.com/?xml1ohagit9521m
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:19:56 PM by Tammy »

Manty's and Tammy's are the only two that can be printed in black and white and still retain the theme.

Okay time for a little update I guess. I'll be changing the rules just a bit.

You can now come up with your own designs. As long as they relate enough to our "theme" so to speak we'll consider them. You can also include the name of our business, which is GrassRoots Yard Care. We won't be choosing any "logos" that are just text with some effects applied, I can do that myself. We'll be printing these in full color, never black and white. The colors we'll be using on our flyers/business cards/signs/whatever else will be only green and white, with black text - no complicated backgrounds or anything, so the logo CAN have a background but Jay is right that it might be nice without one.

Also, vector graphics are preferred so we can print these in any size we want. If you're not able to do that, make it very high resolution. 1000x1000, 1500x1500, basically just as big as you can so we're never limited by resolution.

The prize should be awarded fairly soon after the deadline, but you might have to wait a few days. It'll come, though.

If you take it to the purpose, you're right.  :cookieMonster:
And to be honest, I wouldn't even say any of them were good as regular pieces of art either.  The composition was boring on all of them and the art style on all of them was unoriginal and child-like.

Edit:
We'll be printing these in full color, never black and white.
asdjl;fk terrible idea.  full color prints are way more expensive and for a logo they do not look nearly as good and are not nearly as useful.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:53:33 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Just design without color anyways as it works best.

Edit:asdjl;fk terrible idea.  full color prints are way more expensive and for a logo they do not look nearly as good and are not nearly as useful.

Full color prints are completely affordable and will look better than a straight black and white print, and I have absolutely no idea why you would think they're less useful.

We're getting 1,000 full color flyers on quality glossy paper for around $59 with $12 shipping.

If you want to run a business, do it, it's really fun, but this one is ours and we've decided on full color advertising. Thanks for the input though.

manty's is the best by far, go with that

Full color prints are completely affordable and will look better than a straight black and white print, and I have absolutely no idea why you would think they're less useful.

We're getting 1,000 full color flyers on quality glossy paper for around $59 with $12 shipping.

If you want to run a business, do it, it's really fun, but this one is ours and we've decided on full color advertising. Thanks for the input though.
Do you mean full color prints like full color images or just several color logos (like Manty's)?

full color image prints are less useful because they look ugly as logos and do not go well on anything.  You can put a simple colored logo on almost anything and it will look good.  I'm not saying just go black and white... but don't do a full color image, that's stupid.  (By full color image I mean a photograph or something of the like)