Author Topic: Android GBA Help  (Read 1170 times)

So I found out that I can emulate GBA games on my android, and that there are even 2 apps on the market place that allow me to do this (GameBoid and Mojo GBA). I downloaded GameBoid plus the ROMs for Pokemon Fire Red and Sapphire. However, whenever I load up the ROM or ZIP for either game, the emulator just goes black for a few seconds and then crashes. How do I fix it?


get a better phone maybe?
what phone do you have


gee that totally helps
yes, it does
if your phone does not have the capacity to do something, then your phone will not be able to do it


yes, it does
if your phone does not have the capacity to do something, then your phone will not be able to do it


okay then, does my phone have the capacity?
Try the other one.
i tried both

okay then, does my phone have the capacity?
I don't know, I've never even heard of a Samsung Exhibit II

its relatively new. i think

it's got a pretty late OS
your phone has 2.3.5; or Gingerbread, don't know where they get these names
the latest is 4.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich
does the app's whatever page say anything about OS requirements?

4.0 just came out though. My Samsung Galaxy S still uses 2.2 and apps work just fine on it.

4.0 just came out though. My Samsung Galaxy S still uses 2.2 and apps work just fine on it.
what about this one?
try one of these?
it might just be his phone model

Night fox, you're out of your mind
Rugged, do you have the GBA Bios file? google it
Your phone is fully capable of running the latest GameBoid (disregard mojo, they're stupid)
There was an issue in the past where gameboid wouldn't work on 2.3, but it works fine now.

your phone has 2.3.5; or Gingerbread, don't know where they get these names
2.3 is gingerbread, and in case you didn't notice, (which you probably didn't,) they follow the alphabetical order of various pastrys
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:37:23 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Yeah I have the bios file.

have you directed gameboid to it in the settings, or is it just sitting there?

reread op
the version of gameboid on the market is outdated. do some googling for stuff like, say, gameboid android 2.3