Author Topic: Blockland Fails To Start On Windows 8 Consumer Preview  (Read 612 times)

When trying to run Blockland on the latest version of the Windows 8 beta, I only get the "Display Initialization Failed" message, saying that it cannot find a suitable display device.  Does this happen to anyone else, and is there a way to fix it?

Solution:
Dont use a windows beta...
I tried windows 8 beta some days ago and I wasnt able to get it START. They have to do their stuff more easy

Solution:
Dont use a windows beta...
I tried windows 8 beta some days ago and I wasnt able to get it START. They have to do their stuff more easy
Thanks for the help bro!  Oh wait, no.  That wasn't helpful in the slightest.

Was supposed to be a joke.
For real:
I never tried a windows beta
On-Topic
I have no idea...

It's in beta for a reason. How are Blockland users/mods/devs supposed to know how to fix errors for an OS that isn't even complete yet?

That's like driving a concept car that isn't released yet and driving it into the local mechanic, expecting him to know how to fix technology that isn't even out yet.

The truth is, you probably wont find help for most issues regarding W8 until Windows 8 is actually fully released.

Yeah uh, blockland is not made for windows 8.

Update: Well nevermind, the driver decided to go faulty or something.  I updated the driver, and now it works.  Strange, as the driver was running Blockland on 7.  Locking now...