Author Topic: Hosting a server...  (Read 1279 times)

Ace

I know there is a help topic on forwarding ports, but I have a question.

Some people say that generally, if you are able to host a server on RTB, then it should work for Blockland as well. Is this true?

Because when I used to play RTB, I was able to host servers perfectly, so people could join. Now, on Blockland, apparently my server's don't work. What I have done, though, is this:

Sometimes when I host a server for a bit, I'll exit out of it, then go to the Join menu. My server will appear on it, but as "dead" Does this mean my server was actually up, so people could see it?

I would like to ask the very same question.

I would like to ask the very same question.

Me too.

Also (adding to the question) when I went to configure the ports, it only allowed me to activate either UDP or that other thing. Not both. Do I need both?

If you leave your server it is going to appear Dead, What i would do is get an extra computer while you're hosting it to see if it is really dead or if no one is joining it.

Ace

If you leave your server it is going to appear Dead

I know it will appear dead, but if it is even on the list, does that mean that people were able to see it and join if they wanted to?

If you leave your server it is going to appear Dead

I know it will appear dead, but if it is even on the list, does that mean that people were able to see it and join if they wanted to?
Yes, Correct they can join if they want to, and not join, Mostly people are in High Population servers or in servers with at least 2 people are more then they explore because they think some people like your server, Try having a friend tell you if it's dead or not by going to someone elses server...Make your server...Wait...If they don't join they are back in that server, Go back there and they'll tell you dead or not.

Double Post to Reactor Worker: Well if it showed both in the tutorial you DO need both, if it showed one then it would only be one, Try searching around for it.

Both quitting the server to see whether it is dead or not and using "in-server" methods (F10, keybinded GUI) seem to make your server show up as "dead" even when people can join. Try asking a friend to check whether your server is up at a certain time, and join it.

Ace

I did this, and he said it appeared dead. I guess this means I'll have to have someone else host servers for me...