Author Topic: March 8th FBI Internet Shutdown?  (Read 2665 times)

I actually haven't been able to remove the complete virus, some parts of it remain but workable around. No software could find and remove them.

These remain:
-Windows' DNS cache is poisoned, so I disabled it and it queries DNS servers directly
-On every boot, proxy options are changed to a localhost daemon, however the daemon is disabled and internet settings have to be changed on every boot to disable the proxy

Well yeah some of stuff is rather bad, requiring reinstallation of Windows, but I haven't caught that kind of stuff for a lot of years now.

Well yeah some of stuff is rather bad, requiring reinstallation of Windows, but I haven't caught that kind of stuff for a lot of years now.
Run "sfc /scannow" from an install disk in repair mode.

-Windows' DNS cache is poisoned, so I disabled it and it queries DNS servers directly
ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /flushdns
The cache service is itself poisoned, so I disabled it.

The cache service is itself poisoned, so I disabled it.
Oh. Then SFC should do the trick.

I love the idea behind this virus. That's pretty incredible.

I love the idea of replacing the rogue DNS servers with legitimate ones.

Well I did the checks and all my Computers are clear.

I'm not connecting to a rogue DNS.

Don't know about you guys though.

Good job, there gonna shut down half the worlds communication.

So what's going on here? I've not been keeping up.

Good job, there gonna shut down half the worlds communication.
Good job reading the articles.

So what's going on here? I've not been keeping up.
Some morons managed to get a virus. Virus changes DNS to the maker's servers. FBI replaces the rogue servers with their own (rogue) servers. FBI now shuts down servers. Morons try to clean their computers.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:10:23 PM by DontCare4Free »

God bless Europe
This would also affect computers in Europe if I'm correct.

Really the FBI didn't have to replace the rogue servers with legitimate ones in the first place, that was just to give groups the chance to check and change back their dns.

Well I did the checks and all my Computers are clear.

I'm not connecting to a rogue DNS.

Don't know about you guys though.

This would also affect computers in Europe if I'm correct.
Damn

God bless The Netherlands

Really the FBI didn't have to replace the rogue servers with legitimate ones in the first place, that was just to give groups the chance to check and change back their dns.
They shouldn't have, except possibly making it all lead to a page with info about how to remove the infection.