Author Topic: Rant on some of the Modern Blockland Weapons  (Read 5473 times)

I feel the need to make a thread about this, I'm sick and tired of how everybody thinks that weapons need to be realistic and have animations to be good. It pisses me off.

HANDS
I hate these so much. You do not understand how bad I hate these. Whenever someone suggests hands to my weapons I want to punch them through there computer screen.

How do you prefer this

Were the hands are stretched out so far that it's way unnatural. You can't even pick the hand color so I'll have a tan face with peach hands.

Over this

The hands aren't stretched so far. This was the way the default add-ons were made. It's the style of the game, it looks good for the blockhead.

Now some of you are going to say if you know my weapons "OGM GHILLE YOUR WEAPONS HAVE HANDS LOLZOLZOZLZLZ". They do, only for sprinting and they look like this:

Not stretched out so far, not unnatural. "IT LOOKS STUPID HOLDING A BIG GUN WITH ONE HAND". Resize your models to be smaller.

Animations for reloading
My god this was the worst idea ever. Half the animations on Blockland do not fit. "OGM HANDS NEED ANIMATIONS AND RELOADING DOES TO". Don't add hands, and we can use default animations that fit with the game like Tier Tactical. I can see some don't like reloading, I do, but I can understand how some of us don't. If someone can write me up a rant about it I'll add it to the topic.

Weapon needs to be realistic to be good
Whoever thought of this is a handicap. This is a game of walking plastic figures, we don't need our weapons to be realistic to be good.

Iron Sights
They do nothing to help you, you can just use F.

This topic was made because I'm tired of seeing and getting comments on how a weapon isn't good because it has these things. Excuse me for going with the Blockland style instead of adding all these realistic awful things. I am tired of seeing weapons like this for it ruins half the weapons because they just do not fit with the game at all. Add-Ons should fit with the game style the developer chose. If you have anything I should add to this topic tell me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:03:34 AM by _Dark_ »

>blockland style

your models are high poly garbagioso

>blockland style

No.

8 sided hollow barrels with depth & ~10 squares for a rail when you could of used one long one, or 3-4 large ones

There's a reason they don't have arms...

That weapon of yours looks extremely thin

^^^this
8 sided hollow barrels with depth & ~10 squares for a rail when you could of used one long one, or 3-4 large ones
That weapon of yours looks extremely thin
Go do your criticism in the development thread we have please.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=172989.0

Also I didn't model that weapon so yea.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:51:24 PM by _Dark_ »

It's called constructive criticism, not rant.

>blockland style

stay on topic

It's called constructive criticism, not rant.
fixed.
It's the same thing.
sorry didnt read your edit :(

I really like those.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:54:37 PM by Filipe »

K then Filipe that's a nice image but kinda random.

Edit: asdf I saw that ninja