Laptop stolen. *It has been returned.*

Author Topic: Laptop stolen. *It has been returned.*  (Read 7346 times)

When you find out who did it remember to get permission from the authorities to beat him up.

bringing a stuff laptop that works can prevent it as well

The kid who gave you the "Info" stole it.

Be happy it was just a mac.

Strategy: Build your own laptop and put use a case from the 80's. It will run like a modern laptop, but no one will want to steal it.

Strategy: Build your own laptop and put use a case from the 80's. It will run like a modern laptop, but no one will want to steal it.

They probably still would.

The kid who said that with passwords its obv him or hes friend who took it.
also: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2526

>someone posts about a family member dying
>"lol ded
>"fake and gay"
>someone posts about their laptop being stolen
>"so sorry hope you get it back1"
>":(((((( omg so sad"

Just putting that out there. Hope you can find your laptop.

If you don't have any intentions to install and play games, I have a laptop that I don't use anymore and could send it to you. ;)
Like, for real.

>someone posts about a family member dying
>"lol ded
>"fake and gay"
>someone posts about their laptop being stolen
>"so sorry hope you get it back1"
>":(((((( omg so sad"

Just putting that out there. Hope you can find your laptop.
The internet in a nutshell

I appreciate the genuine responses from everyone, and even the legit offer to send me a laptop. First off, I already filed a police report yesterday, and I got the serial number from the support page to include in the report.

As much as I'd love to take another laptop, I got this macbook pro in October of 2011. To put it simply, I've only had it for 5 months or less.

I can't use iCloud, didn't have a full account set up, and I had no tracking software.

To address the "why did you even bring it to school" thing: I've been bringing a computer to school nearly every day since 7th grade. I'm in 11th grade now. I'm a tech-savvy person and I rely heavily on my computer to access online textbooks at school, check my grades, not to mention I can type twice as fast as I can write (and with the IP address of the library printer) it's really easy to type up a 4 page paper in under an hour and have it printed and turned in. It was a useful tool for me for years, and it also came in handy to have something interesting to do during my off-periods.

Damn guys, I just want it back :( my computer is my life, my whole reputation revolves around me being "that tech guy".

Stealing stuff from school is chapped. Unless you deserve it, my friend bought a Louie Vaton (baton or whatever the forget is is) bag, 700$, stolen. They cut his lock off and took it. His girlfriend was sad, fortuantly we found they guy, took his money, phone, and his shoes(nice fresh new pair of supras) Stealing dosnt go far unless its from a big store like ikea or Canadian tire. Even then only stuff like chocolate bars, don't steal from small home owned buisnneses, for even they probably need the money still. Also, when you find out, who it was, jump him and steal everything. (Protip: if stealing phone, take our battery and sim card)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:49:25 PM by Kilser »

i don't think ikea sells chocolate bars

i don't think ikea sells chocolate bars
Well. stuff, replace IKEA with 7-11 then.