Post Your Desktop 2 / Desktop Megathread

Author Topic: Post Your Desktop 2 / Desktop Megathread  (Read 287182 times)

I don't like the layout of windows 8, or the fact that I can't loving work it, but it's speedy and fast.

doesn't windows 8 have some kind of secure boot thing on more recent hardware anyway?

windows 7 is really secure imo

doesn't windows 8 have some kind of secure boot thing on more recent hardware anyway?
It takes advantage of UEFI, which is what Macintosh systems have used for a long time. I know for a fact Fedora 17 supports UEFI Secure Boot whilst maintaining the standard GRUB 2 bootloader, and I think Ubuntu 12.10 does as well.

oh, ok. i saw that on the arch wiki the other day.
looks like it's a pain in the ass to get around goodness gracious.

So, you'll have to change your BIOS if your doing it on a pre-installed Win8 Laptop?

So, you'll have to change your BIOS if your doing it on a pre-installed Win8 Laptop?
no

just make a new partition for linux

Still, no.

Made the XP computer usable and it's safe to say, I'm not getting used to XP so good ;-;

gosh darn it vista introduced a great feature to the start menu

I tried to simplify it and make it lovey.
Still tweaking it.

Since the theme i have resizes pictures for me I have no idea what to resize mine to so ill leave it.
If anyone suggests a good width to resize it to ill do it.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:53:00 AM by Dexxtter »

I got page stretched a bit ;_;

Since the theme i have resizes pictures for me I have no idea what to resize mine to so ill leave it.

that is the worst logic I've ever heard

width=1000