Author Topic: How to record skype with audacity?  (Read 1977 times)

Me and my friend are recording something for YouTube and weve come to an issue with Skype and Audacity.
You see, when I start recording with Audacity, it doesnt pick up my Skype audio.
Is there a way to fix this?

Depending on your OS, you can usually set your computer to have a sound device commonly known as "Stereo Mix". That is just an output of anything coming out of your computer; if you then set the input of audacity to be that you will get skype.

N.B. - If you do this and you don't have your computer set up to hear your own microphone, you won't get that on your recording. Simple answer = 2 tracks, one of your mic and another of stereo mix and then bounce it down to a single file.

Also, this will pick up any other noises from your computer such as music or game noises, so make sure you take that into consideration when "mixing" you programs.

use fraps?
fraps is gay and it stop recording after 3 minutes

just paste them together and it should work i think

What Fraps are you using?

use fraps?
Fraps records video games.

Use stereo mix, the downfall of this is it will record ALL audio on your system meaning if you are playing music it will also record it.

You can also use Ventrillo which can record itself but I'm guessing you need skype to call normal phones.