Author Topic: Something to limit my fps in Blockland?  (Read 1475 times)

In Blockland I get 160 fps on slate. I don't want this much because my fan will whir like crazy and I can't have my computer go into sleep mode properly because the fan won't stop going.
Is there anything that can limit my fps to say, 60 fps?
I don't my computer to actually try to run Blockland at a high fps.

If you want to let your computer go into sleep mode while having blockland running, I'm assuming you're hosting? In which case, host a dedicated server and it will run without the graphics part.

If you want to let your computer go into sleep mode while having blockland running, I'm assuming you're hosting? In which case, host a dedicated server and it will run without the graphics part.
No, after Blockland has been running, and I shut my laptop, it will just dim the screen. The fan will keep running and all systems will still be at the ready.

There is an option called called Vsync in the Graphics tab in Options.

It synchronizes the game with the monitor refresh speed I think.

I think this is something different.

Anyway, you need to change the power settings for your computer. Go to Start and search for "power". It'll be under the Control Panel results.

Anyway, you need to change the power settings for your computer. Go to Start and search for "power". It'll be under the Control Panel results.
I Tested it.

Was right.

It will limit your fps to 60 Mr.Jacksaunt

I Tested it.

Was right.

It will limit your fps to 60 Mr.Jacksaunt
I tried it and I got 160 fps.

I wish I had Windows :I

What do you have Mac or linux?

What do you have Mac or linux?
I have OSX. I really don't like how dumbed down everything is.

Yeah Ive used Blockland on mac, I actually like it except when you minimize the window the menus are still there but just invisible, you have to click to take it out.

Anyways, maybe you changed something in the sleep settings, see if its set so that when you close the screen the computer will go to sleep.

Wouldn't that only work if you're using a CRT?

You can start a dedicated server and put the PC in sleep mode?

MAC user: approve
160 fps?: lol thats WAY more than i get (20)

how to fix? no idea

What's your monitor refresh rate?

I bet you have a 160hz refresh rate on your monitor causing Vsync to limit at 160 fps

160 fps?
I get like 600 and I'm using a overclocked GTX590 and watercooling so the fan noise doesn't kill my ears
lol