Author Topic: Space Shuttle  (Read 2366 times)

Click this before reading the topic.

Hello everyone, Ive been working on this project off and on for about a month now.  All together to get this far I think it took about 20 hours of work.  Everything on this orbiter is to scale when 1 stud:1 foot and 3 plates : 15 inches.  As you can see it is still missing a lot, including the cargo bay and most of the wings.  But most of the main structure is here.

Pictures:

Front view.

Back view. (A nice shot of the engines)

On the mid-deck. (Not much here yet)

Flight Deck

Constructive Criticism is aloud.

EDIT: I will be making the ENTIRE space shuttle vehicle in the upright position, along with Launch Complex 39 A.  Scroll down to see progress pictures

Server
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:41:00 PM by NASAboy3000 »

I don't know why, but that tail fin looks too pixil-arty. Other than that it looks nice.

Excellent work! Scale is good and design is almost perfect. Just the rudder/tail fin needs fixing.

9/10

In the picture the tail looks weird, but I assure you in-game it looks perfect.

If you'd like a challenge do another one facing up, same scale C:

I have actually been thinking about doing that, with an included launch pad.

fasf i hate breaking up posts this much

Have you tried adding handles yet? Real space shuttles have handles everywhere, to facilitate easier movement in freefall.

Most handles would be in the cargo bay which I haven't gotten to yet.

The building style and complete lack of ramps appeases me greatly, looks like it actually fits in.
One of the few good builds I've seen in a while, good work

Gah, how annoying was it to build the tip?

Very good job.

I'm going to bump this, as I will be working on it over the weekend.  If anyone wants to see it in-game look for my server tomarrow.

Worked on this a bit in SP, might start a server if you guys reply.  I also might start on the upright one.

Top down Picture.

EDIT: Server is up!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:33:25 PM by NASAboy3000 »

Alright people, I have decided to make the entire shuttle upright, along with Launch Complex 39 A.

Here are some pictures of what I have accomplished so far:

If anyone wants to see this in-game, I will be hosting probably all day.