Name Notifier

Author Topic: Name Notifier  (Read 4357 times)

What this add-on does is it plays a sound when your name is said in chat.
It is client sided so it works on all servers.
The code looks like stuff so people don't attempt to make a ChatBot out of it.

Just a small, useful script that took me about 5 minutes to make.

Download

useful
but it shouldn't be all in 1 line

useful
but it shouldn't be all in 1 line

The code looks like stuff so people don't attempt to make a ChatBot out of it.

Is there/could there be an option that, for say, someone says "Racer, come over here!", it will notify me even though they did not say my complete name? That would not be a problem for me, but for people who have a lot of numbers in their name, people tend to leave them out while speaking quickly.

interesting, but I can see people spamming names just to spam the sound haha

What if you have a special character in your name? Will it pick up on attempts to say my name?

What if you have a special character in your name? Will it pick up on attempts to say my name?
Yeah.

Maybe stop using special characters in your name so people can type it.

Maybe stop using special characters in your name so people can type it.
it doesnt matter all that much. and who cares if they cant put the special character in chat

it doesnt matter all that much. and who cares if they cant put the special character in chat
It's more than just the chat. It also would cause this add-on not to work for him considering it only takes exact matches (not including caps)

i love it but the problem for me is people call me death most of the time not deathrider...

i love it but the problem for me is people call me Fire most of the time not Firecycle...

but I could probably figure out how to make a personal script that would do both.

i love it but the problem for me is people call me death most of the time not deathrider...
mayby you can add a feture that allows you to add words so that when those words are said it will make the sound?

I probably won't get much use out of this since 80% of players spell "Doctor" as "Docter". I'll still download it though.

Helpful, i always think people are talking to me when they say 'done'.