Author Topic: Recording and editing software.  (Read 763 times)

So I am bored and considering making some blockland shorts, to do this i will need recording and editing software (free obviously) I already know fraps but if I use that I will want something that can edit the clip as to hide the numbers in the top corner, such as just placing a black bar across the top and bottom to make it look more widescreen while hiding it, any suggestions?

fraps doesn't show the number when you're recording

and it's also not free so why did you mention it right after saying "(free obviously)"? have fun with 30 seconds per clip and an ugly watermark

honestly fraps is pretty good and IMO it's worth buying
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:31:18 PM by SpreadsPlague »

and it's also not free so why did you mention it right after saying "(free obviously)"?

He is using the free version, obviously

He is using the free version, obviously
I'm also using the "free version"...  HEH  HEH

Having used every free recorder out there over the last four years to film a variety of Blockland videos and software demonstrations, I can safely say that Fraps offers the most superior experience for the job you want.

Mac users should use SnapzXPro without a doubt. That is a brilliant alternative for OSX and is just as good.

If you want something free without any time limits or other drawbacks like the free Fraps version has, try BBFlashExpress. It has an editor with it that can let you prune things up. Export it to FLV (good quality and much smaller than dreaded AVI) for editing in any good movie editor.

The FPS numbers dont show up when you are recording, or at least there is an option to enable/disable them. Just buy it, its only $20.

The FPS numbers dont show up when you are recording, or at least there is an option to enable/disable them. Just buy it, its only $20.
That's $30 too much.
Having used every free recorder out there over the last four years to film a variety of Blockland videos and software demonstrations, I can safely say that Fraps offers the most superior experience for the job you want.

Mac users should use SnapzXPro without a doubt. That is a brilliant alternative for OSX and is just as good.

If you want something free without any time limits or other drawbacks like the free Fraps version has, try BBFlashExpress. It has an editor with it that can let you prune things up. Export it to FLV (good quality and much smaller than dreaded AVI) for editing in any good movie editor.
Thanks, I guess i will just use fraps to record but is there any other good video editing software? Considering windows movie maker is a tool, the best i have used is Wizard something or rather but it only has a 30 day trial (my school had the paid one to use but I don't go there anymore)

You are right, Windows Movie Maker should be avoided unless you are handy enough edit so minimally it masks evidence of having used WMM in the first place.  :cookieMonster:

I haven't used a broad range of movie editors for a long time.

I religiously stick to iMovie 6 HD, an gem of Apple's past that was way ahead of its time. It was given away free for a while but now its really hard to find unless torrented (Apple wanted it removed to promote a newer version that was and still is stuff). I'd even go as far as to encourage you to borrow a Mac or buy a slow retro G3 for the lulz and patiently work on it.

I've been using iMovie 6 HD since 2006 and people who watch some of my better videos are always impressed by how far I can stretch its capability.

Its not a Windows product though. I dunno what to suggest there that isn't horribly over complicated or costs the earth.

Get Bandicam. It's one of the best screen recorders out there. I forget how much it costs.

I've never really found a decent, free, video editing software. The only one that really comes to mind is Avid FreeDV, I'm not sure if it's still available though; I have a feeling they decommissioned it to flog a new product.

Movie maker is good for basic movie editing. I myself use Adobe Premiere Pro.

I'm using the 'free' version of FRAPS... hah hah
I could give you the link but that is against forum rules
Also WMM sucks because it can only render to .wmv

I'm using the 'free' version of FRAPS... hah hah
I could give you the link but that is against forum rules
Also WMM sucks because it can only render to .wmv

Private message.
Also what's wrong with .wmv?

I'm also using the "free version"...  HEH  HEH
ogm get band

Private message.
Also what's wrong with .wmv?