Author Topic: Hammer destroys everything  (Read 1541 times)

Whenever i try to get rid of a brick i dont want with my hammer, i hit the top brick, and it destroys a bunch of bricks underneith it too, even using  ctrl+z does the same thing also!

Its kinda hard to explain, so i made a short video of the problem and posted it on youtube to show the problem better, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlcAZ1smZOE
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:22:20 AM by Badspot »

Whoa, have you been playing around with the game code at all? I don't see how that could happen normally.

no im not smart enough to be messing around with the game code lol, trust me xD

Try installing a fresh copy of the latest version over your old one, it only overwrites the files it has created, so you won't lose any saved builds or addons.

Hmm.. Perhaps it kinda looks like your hammer / undo has the same effect as the destructo wand except the brick that you want to target is like a fake baseplate.

It's a glitch, a very unlikely one too, but the destructo wand destroys things from the ground up, not the opposite, and you need to hit one brick at a time with the hammer. This is weird.

Try hitting one at the bottom. See what happens.

I tried hitting the brick at the bottom like you said, and nothing happens like normal, im gunna try what thecannon said though.

i reinstalled it, still no luck =( but i found out soemthin new, i started building more onto my building and found that when i use the hammer or undo on other parts, it works as normal, the thing only happens when im hammering or undoing that part shown in the video.. the weirdest thing is that when i tried it out on my friends computer the saem thing happend!

Badspot

• Administrator
Somehow, that part is not touching the ground.  Thus, when you hit it, it detects that those bricks are floating and destroys them.

wow you right, I just checked it isnt touching the ground, problem solved! =) thanks badspot