Author Topic: Ravencroft's CityRPG V3 [Drugs]  (Read 2829 times)

About:
Ravencroft's CityRPG was hosted for about a week in early March, and was growing quickly. It averaged 20 players during the day, but the server came to a halt when someone obtained the SA password secretly, and cleared all my data. This incident was something that sparked my ambition of building a bigger, better city, so that's exactly what I did. I worked 2 weeks on it, and i'm proud to now have it open to the public.

Times:
My CityRPG is currently running 24/7, except for when I shut down for updates.

Server News and Changelog:
4/2/12: The server had it's grand opening, and is currently in beta testing.
4/3/12: Subway system added for easy travel between cities.
4/4/12: The server wasn't open, but changes were made. I removed 4x4 vehicle bricks and additem events (sadly). I also made the Admin job only pay $500 due to recent money abuse. I am expecting an autosave script from Lugnut I believe, so you guys won't have to worry about losing saves when the server crashes.
4/8/12: The server was made Dedi and is now running 24/7.
4/17/12: The server will be shut down for one or two days for updates on Tuesday, April 17.

Upcoming updates:
I am planning on getting rid of those big brown cubes as walls, and replacing them with more beach and terrain, sort of like the mine.

Links:
http://www.ravencroft.forumbuild.com This is my official website where you can view even more info about me and my server development.

Administration Team:
Ravencroft BLID_10130 (Host)
Noobinator BLID_8429 (Co-host/Super Admin)
Lugnut BLID_16807 (Super Admin)
Senyor Derpy Hooves BLID_9766 (Admin)
The Brighter Dark BLID_31783/24790 (Admin)
Kendawg BLID_5492 (Admin)
Wink BLID_1478 (Admin)

A big thanks to:
Noobinator for all of his help and effort over the past year.
Zimmy for the CityRPG mod.

Screenshots:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:44:21 PM by ravencroft »

4/2/12: The server had it's grand opening, and is currently in beta testing.
It's 4/3/12 here, by just seconds :cookieMonster:

I'm glad to see that you're getting the city back up. I was only on your old server for a total of about 30 minutes, but in my opinion, what really made the server special was the huge number of players.

I'm glad to see that you're getting the city back up. I was only on your old server for a total of about 30 minutes, but in my opinion, what really made the server special was the huge number of players.
Yeah i'm hoping to get that again. Maybe even more when I buy Kalphiter's hosting service!

Yeah i'm hoping to get that again. Maybe even more when I buy Kalphiter's hosting service!
Definitely buy his service. It's extremely cheap. I'm running my server on it. If you don't have a fast server and internet connection, your players are going to get lots of lag, which makes the city no fun. Also, I would suggest making your mod automatically back-up the data every hour or two to protect against your little incident last time.

EDIT: If you buy his service, also make sure to get an auto-saver. Sometimes, one of his servers crashes a few of the others, and people get really mad when their progress is lost.

Definitely buy his service. It's extremely cheap. I'm running my server on it. If you don't have a fast server and internet connection, your players are going to get lots of lag, which makes the city no fun. Also, I would suggest making your mod automatically back-up the data every hour or two to protect against your little incident last time.

EDIT: If you buy his service, also make sure to get an auto-saver. Sometimes, one of his servers crashes a few of the others, and people get really mad when their progress is lost.
I tried auto-saver, but it doesn't work with CityRPG bricks. I have no idea how to make one either.

I tried auto-saver, but it doesn't work with CityRPG bricks. I have no idea how to make one either.
Oh, okay. That's strange. My mod uses standard baseplates, so I'm fortunate enough not to have that problem.

The bricks don't load properly?
PM me. I have a fix for loading saves and cityrpg bricks.

The bricks don't load properly?
PM me. I have a fix for loading saves and cityrpg bricks.
No when I enable CityRPG, and autosaver, the CityRPg bricks aren't enabled in my server. They are pretty much unusable when I have autosave enabled.

No when I enable CityRPG, and autosaver, the CityRPg bricks aren't enabled in my server. They are pretty much unusable when I have autosave enabled.
You mean when you walk over them, they don't do things?
eg, bank brick doesn't bring the the menu?
That's what my fix is for.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:13:46 PM by brokenkillaman »

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:29:10 AM by Inconnue »

Will it be back up at any point today?

Will it be back up at any point today?
It is up right now. We just added a subway system and are adding the finishing touches to it too.

Raven why am I not on the admin list?