Author Topic: Is there a Co-Hosting mod?  (Read 890 times)

As the title implys, Is there a Mod and/or way to assign a Co-host to your server so you can leave it in the hands of a trusted friend?

As the title implys, Is there a Mod and/or way to assign a Co-host to your server so you can leave it in the hands of a trusted friend?

I began writing a mod like this, but I never finished it. Basically the real host can say /coHost *target* and it would make them Co-Host (really all the permissions of real host, depending on what checks they use, then the real host could say /deCoHost *target* to make them normal again.

Can't you just give them super admin?

SA, really. why would you need anything beyond that.

Im going to take a Guess and say he was either at, Cat123s, Or. Mine. (Glass)

Because both of our servers have a Privtae Co-Host mod that gives the Co-Host more power over a regular SA.

that gives the Co-Host more power over a regular SA.

What powers, actually? I don't see any sense behind this. For remote console there's eval.

How can you have more power than a SA? As far as I'm aware, the only thing a SA can't do is use a few of the more obscure console commands. They can change all RTB settings (with given permission), and that's pretty much all a server host can do after the server is set up.

Alternatively, you could make your trusted friend become part of your family, live in your house, and hence be able to use your BLID, and therefore have two instances on the same hosted server. Both would have host status because it's the host BLID.
Of course, that last thing is a silly idea :)

The Co-Host mod gives them close to Host Powers. They cannot be de-admined on the list, Because the mod saves it. And they also get a Blockhead has become Super Admin (Co-Host)

Dedicated Server
Super Admin + Eval

Problem solved.

The Co-Host mod gives them close to Host Powers. They cannot be de-admined on the list, Because the mod saves it. And they also get a Blockhead has become Super Admin (Co-Host)
this is the bloody point