Author Topic: Mtn Dew Division Concept  (Read 1289 times)

Was sitting here drinking Voltage when I had the idea to make up my own flavor of Mtn Dew. I took the original Lemon-Lime flavor and split it into two separate sodas.

I used Paint.Net to make it.

Already tricked 3 of my school friends with it.

I wanted to send the idea to the company, but when I went to the site, I found this:

Quote from:  Mtn Dew Suggestion Policy
Although we are sincerely complimented that you thought to offer us your concept, we cannot accept nor consider ideas from outside the company. Our company receives many suggestions from the public. However, these ideas often mirror, or closely resemble, ones we are working on or that we have used before. In the past, this has led to confusion as to the ownership of these ideas. Therefore, we have had to adopt a strict policy of not accepting any concepts from outside the company. Nevertheless, I do want you to know that we were sincerely flattered that you offered to share your thoughts with us.

oh well.

>half the flavor
who the forget would want to drink that

>half the flavor
who the forget would want to drink that
Thought about it, but couldn't think of anything else to say D:

Should say double the flavor, considering the original is 1 part lemon 1 part lime. You're making it 2 parts lemon, and the other 2 parts lime.

So "Half the Dew, double the flavor"?

Sounds like a Mountain Dew energy drink. Looks official, imo. Very cool.

Fixed the saying. Need something more to say with the Lemonade besides just Lemonade... it's just boring.

So "Half the Dew, double the flavor"?

Try to avoid saying negative words like, "half". "All" would be a suitable replacement.

Try to avoid saying negative words like, "half". "All" would be a suitable replacement.
But it still needs to keep the idea that the original flavor was split in half... It's not All of it.

Perhaps change the saying entirely?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:49:06 PM by Xinakam »

I'd drink it, But then again I tried just about every type of Mountain Dew.

Edit: I messed up in the corners a bit, But I like it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by nienhaus1 »

I'd drink it, But then again I tried just about every type of Mountain Dew.

Edit: I messed up in the corners a bit, But I like it.

imo bad photoshop, as edges don't have the lighting

imo bad photoshop, as edges don't have the lighting
Maybe if I spent more then 7 minutes then it would look better.
Edit: Better? I don't think so.

I added filter stuff.
Edit: I forgot to note this was a joke.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:44:55 AM by nienhaus1 »

Pretty sure if you offered to hand over the idea to them without requiring royalties or copyrights of any sorts they'd be more than happy to do something with it. Granted, that'd require paperwork.

Pretty sure if you offered to hand over the idea to them without requiring royalties or copyrights of any sorts they'd be more than happy to do something with it. Granted, that'd require paperwork.
Yeah I considered that too. It's worth a shot. I don't want the money or the credit. I just want soda.

Yeah I considered that too. It's worth a shot. I don't want the money or the credit. I just want soda.

Yeah. Majority of the time companies don't accept work from the public is because it generally backfires and bites them in the ass because of royalty lawsuits and such. But if you just gave them the design, and didn't want anything from it, I'm positive they'd accept it. Whether or not they'd use it is a different story.