Author Topic: God, this port-forward stuff is confusing the forget out of me.  (Read 521 times)

I'm starting to get very annoyed with this port-forward thing. I used be able to host servers before v20, but since v20 arrived, nobody was joining my server. A while later, I looked in official help topics and they said ports 28000 - 28030 needed to be opened, so that's what I asked my dad to do. It STILL isn't working, and someone said it's just port 28000 that needs to be opened, but my dad told me that won't make a difference, because it's already open when he opened ports 28000 - 28030. I even tried it with the disable UPnP checkbox checked and unchecked.

My parents actually had faith in me developing great brick-building skills, but what's the point if there's no way to express them in the best possible way? I am getting so fed up with this port-forwarding stuff. If someone is willing to give me ONE honest answer, I would be exceedingly grateful. So, can someone please give me just one honest answer to what needs to be done?

What exactly is wrong?
People can't connect?
--- ping?

What exactly is wrong?
People can't connect?
--- ping?

Exactly.

Have you forwarded both UDP and TCP? Are they pointing to your computer.

Have you forwarded both UDP and TCP? Are they pointing to your computer.

I don't know. It's my dad who does this port-forward stuff. I don't know anything about it.

Tell him to do just 28000

Tell him to do just 28000
My dad told me that won't make a difference, because it's already open when he opened ports 28000 - 28030.

Yes, but he could have made the internal port 28000 and the external 28030

Tell him to forward them both through UDP and TCP