Author Topic: Vista permissions problem  (Read 1618 times)

When i download blockland from the site Http://www.blockland.us and i go to the file i put it to then double click it and click run it load up but when i exit blockland and go to c:\ProgrameFiles\Blockland\ and click blockland it says that it fails to open the file. ill show you picturs
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:33:51 PM by Badspot »

Try running as an Administrator, might fix your problem.

Sometimes, if you aren't an Administrator, computers disallow you from using C:/ in general (if more hard disks exist, like some schools where C:/ is on main server) or just the ones like C:/Program Files C:/Windows etc.

Can you go to any other folders in C:/Program Files and directly run a program?

Vista sucks BADLY. I had it for a month running with 512 mb of ram and when i added another gigabyte, there was almost no difference in gaming preformance

In my opinion; Vista is equivalent to being in it's beta stage, it still has way too many compatibility issues to be a quality OS. Windows XP is a much better choice until these flaws are fixed.

Badspot

• Administrator
Yes, run as administrator or get the administrator to mess with permissions. 

btw, I tried to reply to your email but it just tells me "The following recipient(s) could not be reached:"

btw, I tried to reply to your email but it just tells me "The following recipient(s) could not be reached:"

Hax?

I was gonna get vista but then I thought twice...Because I dont wanna have problems like these, I just want the game to be as-is without any errors.

Bah people who complain about Vista are n00bs who can't run the bloody thing. Mine works 100% perfect but I can't play MS-Dos games.

Vista is a buggy, incompatible pretty much Beta OS. Were not just noobs who mindlessly complain, not everyone is a 15 year old Technician.

Is that Vista? :o

I agree with Aloshi, he dident say it but this is what he sorta ment "Omg thats not your problem but it sure isent a smart thing to run, vista" :P
Vista sucks BADLY. I had it for a month running with 512 mb of ram and when i added another gigabyte, there was almost no difference in gaming preformance

there is the perfict quote :) Also vista is very good at making you be a "Goodie Goodie two shooes" :) I have 2GB of RAM (Exatly, because a Gig is 1023 MB's, not 1000 MB's) and when I went onto vista for a try out it treated my 2GB of RAM as if it was 500GB of RAM :)

but thats not your problem and other people already awnserd in what way and the correct awnser in my eyes,