Rebuilding Titanic

Poll

If it could be done, would you cruise on it?

Yes!
61 (64.9%)
No!
33 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Rebuilding Titanic  (Read 5386 times)

America no longer has the money to build another Titanic.
what if we make it 1/200th of the size

Or provide decent public services, support to its people, or financial stability in general.
country pride

Lets rebuild the battleship Bismarck!

Don't forget the Tirpitz! Sisters need to stay together, after all

what if we make it 1/200th of the size
country pride
It will end like this "Raise The Titanic" film model..

New safety features would make it very difficult. Ice patrol, radios on 24/7, etc.
Large cannons on the front to obliterate any form of ice.

lets not call it the unsinkable, as defying god never works

without reading thread:

we havent built it because its old tech
modern ships are better, obviously >.<

Well, Clive Palmer is already making Titanic II so I am happy now. Saving up for the maiden voyage, I'll tell ya what happens after it sinks. :P

As many of you may know, tonight of April 14th 2012 is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ill fated RMS Titanic.
I've wondered for years to come why they haven't rebuilt it, All they would have to do is make the ship reach safety standards of Modern times, such as adding enough lifeboats, making it built from a stronger material, and much more. The total cost would range from 300,000,000 dollars to 500,000,000 dollars, which is costly, but a modern cruise ship takes about 900,000,000 dollars to build.
Discuss.

There are safety regulations that have to be followed, and to modern standards, the Titanic doesn't reach those standards

I honor the Titanic when I play STO. All my ships are named after various maritime disasters and a couple air mishaps. I have yet to hear anyone complain to me in game about it, so for those who would be butt hurt over a rebuilding of a Titanic they are massively out numbered by people who would think it was a neat idea even if the ship never sailed, but was docked as an history museum.