Author Topic: Artanic's ending  (Read 1153 times)

The grand old vessel Artanic. The first and largest ship that was ever made in Torque Constructor was impressive for many people. The ship's keel was built on 3 August 2009. The entire ship was finished on 28 August 2009. She was originally a "three-funnel" liner, but a fourth funnel was added to improve her design.

Artanic as a three-funnel liner can be seen here when she was in progress. There were many Artanic-fans in Blockland, and I really appreciate it how many people loved the ship. Even some people were complaining about her hull, but the ugly hull problems were solved in the new Olympic and Artanic III.

After I had become better in Torque Constructor, I started to make two new ships. The new Olympic and Artanic III were finished last year. How ever, compared with the new ships I had made last year, the Artanic became outdated. Her design was soooo 2009, that she didn't fit anymore in the Laurentic Star Line.

It was really quiet for six months, and I had already questions from some people, why there wasn't any news about the good old vessel Artanic. She was actually withdrawn from service on 16 October last year. I decided to remove her lifeboats, Olympic remembrance poster, flags and lights inside the ship.

This was her life time.
Artanic's white design (5 September 2009 - 20 August 2010)

Artanic's war design (20 August 2010 - 25 September 2010)

Artanic's Trans-Diamond Service design (25 September 2010 - 15 February 2011)

Artanic's second renovation (15 February 2011 - 16 October 2011)

Artanic in the dry dock of San Fierro (18 October 2011 - 10 May 2012)

More can be seen at the Artanic facebook group.

It's ugly, and it would be more impressive and look a lot better if it was made out of bricks.

Oh. It's this thread again.

Neat ships, now rebuild them in bricks.

Good luck making these once V21 comes out

Good luck making these once V21 comes out
If they were .dts it would work.

It's ugly, and it would be more impressive and look a lot better if it was made out of bricks.
That's why I made a third one.

I think it looks nice.
Why didn't you ever post the map?

Looks nice. Reminds me of Bones4's Titanic build. Did that ever get finished?