Author Topic: Will we still have that rainbow baseplate effect in v21?  (Read 971 times)

I know this is pointless, but I just want to know, will we still have this cool effect? :3

I've always wondered how you make that effect, anyone mind explaining it to me quick?

Looks to me like it's just plates and softs from the default colorset.

its a bunch of 1x1f trans plates piled on top of each other, makes a circle effect.

its a bunch of 1x1f trans plates piled on top of each other, makes a circle effect.
I wondered what that was. I found it on a server once and I had no idea what I was looking at since the circle followed my camera and not my player.

All of those are 1x1 Flats? Holy crap, that's a lot of bricks.

All of those are 1x1 Flats? Holy crap, that's a lot of bricks.
It's a bunch of transparent baseplates on top of each other but a bunch of 1x1f's on top if i remember correctly

I need to try to replicate this, it's very odd.

I thought it had to do with the rainbow paint can.

A trans baseplate for every color stacked, and then 1x1 transparent white bricks on top. -how you do it

A trans baseplate for every color stacked, and then 1x1 transparent white bricks on top. -how you do it
Yeah but how it this effect acheived? How does this magically make a circle and all that.

Yeah but how it this effect acheived? How does this magically make a circle and all that.
I think it's just because it's hard to simulate seeing something transparent through something else transparent.