Should I make this some sort of server?

Yes
8 (66.7%)
Mabye
2 (16.7%)
No
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Mini Fights  (Read 5490 times)

Oh noes, its me again!

About
Mini Fights is an arena that forces two small bots against each other, each controlled by a player."The Blacksmith"  a third  player creates barricades, natural disasters, and just messes around with the arena. And for anyone who rages on this topic, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI

V.1

• Two bots, one Blacksmith
  • Desert Map
  • Bots Equipped with Famas
  • Flammable barrel
  • Barricades
  • Blueprint Mode
  • Bot jumping

Pictures of V.1:

Sideview

Player 1 and 2 controls.

Bot Jumping

Blueprint mode (in case you want to change the colors)

v.1.1

New controls c;

New control table, or "armory"

Customize your bot!

DOWNLOADS

Mini fights desert v1: http://www.mediafire.com/?cv6x245poyhnxu7
Mini fights blueprint v1: http://www.mediafire.com/?uy661edmjjg85j9
Mini fights village v1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?65a466k2o98g66g

Next update:

V.1.2
  • idk
  • idk

You may rate /10
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:55:27 PM by Onivad »

Sometimes being so small can be glitchy
Everything seems to work fine. btw, red circle thing (aka: barrel) blows up when shot by a bot.

Looks really awkward to control.

Holding the jump key would make you unshootable.

Holding the jump key would make you unshootable.
You cant hold it down, and even if you keep jumping, you cant shoot the enemy.

This sounds a lot like a PvP Bot game I made for Spade's Arcade one time...2 plays would control 2 bots on the field. The field was already pre-made, at least in v2. Controls would be setup like this: You would walk into a box consisting of 2 bricks to your right (1) and left (2), a plate directly above you (but not touching you) and a dashboard in front of you with a bunch of controls. To move your bot left and right, you would simply move your player left and right touching the bricks. To fire your weapon, you would jump (only about a 1/3 of a brick distance) and hit the top plate. To go forward and back, there were buttons on the dashboard. To fire your secondary weapon (usually a rocket), there was a button for that too. Once you used your rocket, there was a 9 second counter before you could fire another one. I think I used the smallest scale for players and it wasn't a bit glitchy because they were bots, not players.

For version 3, I planned to have customizable maps, weapon selection (not individual, both bots would use the same weapon, always), the whole bit. For the map customization, there would be like a map of the field somewhere, and by clicking on the map, it would edit the playing field to however you wanted to set it up. I might post some of those games I made some day in the gallery...Eventing is my best in-game skill :)

Too bad bots don't work when the owner of them isn't in the server, pretty much why it got failed :(

Didnt mr wallet make this into an addon..?

Working on v.1.1,

Current Progress:

Done:

New area and look.

Bot customization

More default bricks.

New disasters.

Not done:

Secondary weapon.

Bot hats-?

lobby in case this turns into a server.

Dude, mr wallet made this into an addon. You should check it out.

it's called bot wars and is on rtb.

Dude, Mr wallet made this into an addon. You should check it out.

it's called bot wars and is on rtb.
I know what bot wars is. And its a bit diffrent from this.

1. No controllers.
2. No disasters.
3. Not mini.

You should explain how it works.

You should explain how it works.
Sure.

There is 2 bots in a 16x16 plate. The plate can be customized, for different "themes". The 2 bots are controlled each by a player. The two players get a set of bricks, that have controls on them. Shoot, jump, left, right, up, and down. The players then control the bots, trying to kill the other bot. While a third player, not a bot, operates a booth that lets him/her mess around with the plate, creating places to take cover, snowing, thunderstorms, explosions, and more. 1st person to kill the other bot wins. So the matches can be pretty fast paced.

V.1.1 will be done by thursday.