Do you want to hear the story?

Yes
25 (71.4%)
No.
2 (5.7%)
I don't care
8 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Fire at my school  (Read 1818 times)

Tornado punched a hole in the roof in the ROTC building at our school, along with the entire press box in front of it collapsing causing said damage.
Not to mention a dumpster was picked up and smashed into several of the teachers cars.

Fine Story it is.
I was in the cafeteria sitting with my friends talking while a bunch of people where out at recess. (I think it's strange my school still has recess). The fire alarm rang and we all thought it was just a drill. Everyone gathered outside by advisory and they counted us. That's when we saw smoke. It looked like it was coming from the kitchen and I thought it was a small stove fire that they'd put out with an extinguisher. But then I realized I went right passed the kitchen on my way out and didn't see or smell smoke so it was coming from the second floor. Then a fire truck pulled up and a guy hooked up the hose to the hydrant. They moved us down to the soccer field temporarily and I talked with my friends some more. I then noticed the puffs of light smoke that were coming over the trees had turned into a column of dark smoke. They said they sent an email home and parents were coming to pick us up. The auditorium roof collapsed. Which is best describable by the sound of thunder. And I went home and there is no school until monday.
That's the short version.

pretty sure you don't wear hazmat suits in fires
just saying

pretty sure you don't wear hazmat suits in fires
just saying
I would hope not. I would ask for some new firefighters if I saw that.

i feel bad for the firefighters that got injured.

Yea. My brother was there and I was glad he was only managing the hose pressure and driving the engine. I think one had cardiac problems but I don't know about the other.

Yea. My brother was there and I was glad he was only managing the hose pressure and driving the engine. I think one had cardiac problems but I don't know about the other.
oh, so he wasn't injured by the fire but he had a heart problem?

Yea. But it says injured on the news. I saw him go by on a stretcher and he didn't have any marks.

It could have been the smoke, thats pretty common.

Mhm. There was a lot of smoke. The fire went on for 3 hours it's not that hard to conceive.

Not to mention a dumpster was picked up and smashed into several of the teachers cars.
Haha, thats what you get for giving me detention.

his heart probably got forgeted up because it was overworking itself trying to pump oxygen poor blood due to smoke inhalation. that guy is lucky he didn't suffocate to death.

thats why you dont try to light a j stoned

stuff man now that's something! You okay?

Also: lucky, your school burned down >.<