Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 4039 times)

What's wrong with weapons that reload, it makes the game more fun.

Re-loaders
Offenders: Tactical Weapon set
These weapons are often 'slightly innacurate machine guns' that reload after 30 shots or so. This adds little to the balance since the reloads are so short. Also, in the Tactical Weapon set, the shotgun never reloads. Hmmph. Often these aren't single-shot weapons that reload.

I don't know about you, but I think the reloading features help when it comes to deathmatching. Having a limited number of rounds until your rifle's out means that you have to be aware that you might have to wait before shooting at the opponent again, meaning that it reduces the use of the "spray and pray" tactic usually employed when non-reloading weapons are present.

Am I the only one that doesn't have a thing for weapons? I just consider them as addons and if they have an extra feature like iron sights or reloads I consider the creator tried out something new (well reloading and iron sights are common nowadays)

As for your instant sniper thing, I don't mind that one bit, uncharted 3 has an instant kill sniper with a very slow reload and limited shots. When I'm killed by it or Kaje's rifle it doesn't bug me because I know it will one hit me. Although in Blockland the bullet has to travel and isn't like most games where it just hits instantly, you still have to aim.