Face that spans the whole head -Update-

Author Topic: Face that spans the whole head -Update-  (Read 2366 times)

Depending on if Badspot still has the original files for the player model it would take him approximately an hour or two to implement this. He would simply need to UV unwrap the other faces on the body and head, do a little scripting, and export.

Creating decals like this should work like minecraft skins where it is all one file and you edit the squared areas.

Creating decals like this should work like minecraft skins where it is all one file and you edit the squared areas.
Brilliant, yes.

That's a terrible idea that would simply overcomplicate things.

Why do I hate this idea?  I'm serious, I don't like the idea and I don't know why.

gothboy that was obviously on Ms Paint

also is anyone going to do something with the player model i got

Minecraft  wise it would be somewhat complicated but you could use separate files as well. However, then you have 4 files for just a face...but you only have to edit the front if you wish, so it's the same amount of work either way, it really depends on the motive of the creator. I'm sure there would be plenty of blocklanders ready to make some cool new decal ideas. I like that UV unwrapping idea =P

Newest update finished backside

Ninja: I thought Demian said he could script it up. But idk about editing the player model
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:47:15 AM by Goth77 »

Right now just 2 image edits I made in paint.net. Was just trying to show the best version I think would suit

cool. i wish someone would make a playertype

Nobody said you couldn't just keep in the old system as well.
After all, it would mean other people could actually see your decals you made if the system worked as the Minecraft skins work. Right now you can only see a decal if you have it.

Nobody said you couldn't just keep in the old system as well.
After all, it would mean other people could actually see your decals you made if the system worked as the Minecraft skins work. Right now you can only see a decal if you have it.
And need you'd need to make a script that would slice up the image to separate the head and chest. You don't need to waste time on that by keeping to old system and adding support for higher resolutions.

Yea but the Roblox player model itself is stuff. All sided player decals/faces would look fairly well on the blockland player model
Agree

It's community sucks,everyone prosecutes you if your new,and everyone there is just plain stupid.
Sounds like Blockland to me!

why do you keep using badspot's real name

you don't know the guy, stop addressing him like you do
So we should call John Romero TheRomero instead?