Author Topic: Railyx's music etc. ("Good Time" remix finished!)  (Read 4826 times)

because making a thread about your music seems to be mainstream these days.

so I've been making music with a computer since around the beginning of January, but I've been a musician since I was about seven or eight, playing the piano and taking lessons all those years. I know a lot about music theory and music history and music is essentially my life.

anyway, I always upload my songs to SoundCloud (and sometimes to Dropbox), and you can find my SoundCloud page right here.

most recent stuff:

[Electro] ???

[Electro House] Owl City - Good Time (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen) (Railyx Remix)

[Electro] Railyx - Black Aura (WIP #1)

[Chillstep] OneRepublic - Apologize (Railyx Remix)

[Electrohouse] Deadmau5 & Armin Van Buuren - ID (Railyx Remix)

[Moombahton] Portal 2 - Reconstructing Science (Railyx & Kingdaro VIP) [WIP #2]

[House] Nemesis Project - Skyscrapers (Railyx Remix)

[Electro] Aviators - Monster (Railyx Electro Remix)

[Chillstep] OneRepublic - Apologize (Railyx Chillstep Remix)

[Electro] Railyx - Blastwave

[Electro] Portal 2 - Reconstructing Science (Kingdaro & Railyx Electro Remix)

currently working on:

[Electro] Railyx - Black Aura (10%)

[Electrohouse] Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time (Railyx Remix) (progress: completed)

[Electrohouse] Deadmau5 & Armin Van Buuren - ID (Railyx Remix) (progress: 10%)

[Moombahton] Portal 2 - Reconstructing Science (Railyx & Kingdaro VIP) (progress: 40%)

additionally, one of my friends and I have an electronic duo; we go by the name of "Luminox" (not to be confused with the watch-making company). you can listen to our first song over here on SoundCloud.

and before any of you ask, I use FL Studio 10 Producer Edition. and yes, I did actually buy the software.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:41:08 AM by Raeyok »

Looks good, but why are you posting at 2:30AM?

Looks good, but why are you posting at 2:30AM?

it's actually 1:09 AM for me and to answer your question, tomorrow is ACT day at school for the Juniors but since I'm a Senior, I don't have to be at school until 12:30. B)

No idea what you mean by saying creating posts about music being mainstream but.. sure.
I listened to them and then I remembered why I don't like this type of music. That's not to say it's bad! This all sounds well put together (despite the annoying sound fx). Good luck with your music.

No idea what you mean by saying creating posts about music being mainstream but.. sure.
I listened to them and then I remembered why I don't like this type of music. That's not to say it's bad! This all sounds well put together (despite the annoying sound fx). Good luck with your music.

thank you. c:

and when I say it's "mainstream," I don't mean "mainstream" in the literal sense of the word, I just mean that there are like four or five other currently active threads in Creativity where people post music that they make.

also, out of curiosity, did you listen to this one:

[Ambient] Those White Clouds, That Blue Sky (WIP)

reason I ask is because it's completely different from my other songs so far.

Everything people post now on the forums sounds so empty to me.
However, Clouds & Sky is nice.
NVMNVM I LOVE AFFLICTION AAAAA
I SORRY FOR ANYTHING I SAY

Did you make the synths in Affliction? If so then they are pretty great.

Did you make the synths in Affliction? If so then they are pretty great.

I made one of them...

it's that offbeat grungy bass you hear at the drop. I made it in Harmless. everything else is either Nexus, Massive, or Sytrus. I made Affliction before a couple things: 1. I made it before I realized how stuffty Sytrus is, and 2. I made it before I knew how to make my own synths with Massive. I make all my own synths now.

next project is to design my own set of percussion samples using Massive. that'll take a while.

http://soundcloud.com/officialrailyx/through-the-window-wip

new one I'm working on. I started this before I started remaking "Those White Clouds, That Blue Sky" from scratch.

every synth in here is custom-made in either Massive or Harmless.

http://soundcloud.com/officialrailyx/reconstructing-science

Kingdaro and I have started a remix of the awesome Portal 2 theme song. What you hear in this WIP is currently only stuff I've done, but now I'm handing it off to him so he can work on the drop.

All synths you hear in this were designed by me in Massive. Much credit goes to TheBlackParrot for giving me a large handful of amazing tips that have essentially made this sound like 30000% better.

o wow i should checmk these out in the morning

also do youbstill want me to do vocals for one of your songs?

o wow i should checmk these out in the morning

also do youbstill want me to do vocals for one of your songs?

yes of course. c:

ah, okay. just checking since you hadn't gotten back to me about it or whatever.

ah, okay. just checking since you hadn't gotten back to me about it or whatever.

well I need to write lyrics 'n make a melody 'n stuff. I'll let you know when I've got those done, unless you'd like to assist in writing them, in which case I'll let you know when I start.