■ The Photography Megathread ■

Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242858 times)

What town do you live in friend? Im in Sonoma County, and Half-Moon Bay is awfully close to me.
i live with him and he didn't reply so i will instead

those are my shoes in the background btw

i have a feeling that we live closer to half moon bay than you if you're in sonoma, it was almost exactly an hour drive over there for us. the town we live in is a tiny one called sunol, it's mashed up right against pleasanton.

This is a photograph, but it doesn't have even a little bit of color in it because the world was black and white where I took it.

I recently bought a used Canon Rebel XSI camera with the default 18-55 mm lens. So far I've taken some decent pictures, but they could have been much better if I knew how to adjust colors and etc.

For example, this picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicachrist/7661769476/) would have been relatively uninteresting if not for the astounding warm colors and sun flare. I'm not really sure how to adjust the camera settings in order to get these types of images as this is my first time handling a camera.

Another example of photography techniques is (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fresnatic/5716737126/). What do you change in order to get those light trails and those bright, vibrant colors?

(Btw both of the pictures above are taken with the same camera I have right now).
Thank you for even looking at this :)

For example, this picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicachrist/7661769476/) would have been relatively uninteresting if not for the astounding warm colors and sun flare. I'm not really sure how to adjust the camera settings in order to get these types of images as this is my first time handling a camera.

That's called editing

That isn't the raw photo

It has gone through some processing

That camera is okay, but those photos are definitely post processed, and the camera itself won't take spectacular photos unless you upgrade it's lens.  Those photos were probably taken by people who have 1200 dollar plus camera lenses lying around and were bored and decided to take a picture of the city or a person they know.  It's a good camera for the used price tag though.

This is a photograph, but it doesn't have even a little bit of color in it because the world was black and white where I took it.

Man that's so loving deep like holy stuff art and deep man you must have some huge feelings for art and depth like woah art is so deep with you like those feelings you induce through your art with all those feelings and depths of layers and man art woah

Probably the best picture I took with my iphone

Man that's so loving deep like holy stuff art and deep man you must have some huge feelings for art and depth like woah art is so deep with you like those feelings you induce through your art with all those feelings and depths of layers and man art woah
Jesus what's your problem.

not only are you dumb enough you thought he was serious
you're also dumb enough to be a huge starfish

not only are you dumb enough you thought he was serious
you're also dumb enough to be a huge starfish
i think he was being just as "serious" as sirrus and knew sirrus wasn't being serious.

i think he was being just as "serious" as sirrus and knew sirrus wasn't being serious.

This.
Like, seriously guys?
Stop being so sensitive ._.

why so sirrus

EDIT:
I've posted in this thread before, and said that I've liked your photos a lot... Thought you'd take a joke, sorry it went the wrong way.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:58:17 AM by Kniaz »

I was probably in a bad mood when I replied, sorry.

Anyway, this is a picture of me, my new 4x5 camera, and my mexican friend. Just a few of my favorite things.

Going to hopefully take, develop, and enlarge a negative tomorrow (ambitious, but uh, we'll see) and test it out. Wooooo!

if everyone on this page died i would be a-ok with that