Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 244443 times)

i really like the look of the wood

Wow, that's actually really nice.
Great composition, and the natural graininess has a very professional aesthetic, along with the natural soft focus it seems to have.
The focal plane of a camera with movable standards can be absolutely batty. I haven't played around with it much, but by swinging the front standard you affect the focal plane such that it could be focused along a diagonal plane rather than a plane parallel to the film.

Basically, this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt%E2%80%93shift_photography

Which is why the focus is lost farther down his body. The shot was taken with a significant amount of front fall in order to eliminate headroom while maintaining parallel vertical lines. I believe this creates defocusing or at least softening in some capacity around the frame.

also thank you c:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:51:36 PM by Sirrus »

I know this is a photography thread but I feel I must share it somewhere, I got a brand new Shotgun Microphone today in the mail and I tested it outside and wanted to see how it performed and I thought pretty well for 60 dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HfZycWbCE&feature=youtu.be

^ doesn't suck, it's a good start, really good start

also, should I make combine this into a Photography & Videography mega thread?

^ doesn't suck, it's a good start, really good start

sure I have some videos I want to post too :o

Hell yes you should.  I have a observational documentary style video my friend and I just finished up for my schools newscast tomorrow and it will be posted on youtube by my teacher at some point.

I know that compared to the rest of the pictures in the thread that this is awful, but I like it anyway

So I just got a graduation gift from my aunt today and I am enjoying it to say the least.

Example pic, kinda dumb was on the way home with the new lens to test it out turned out decent.

So I just got a graduation gift from my aunt today and I am enjoying it to say the least.
Example pic, kinda dumb was on the way home with the new lens to test it out turned out decent.
looks like you could shoot someone with it

looks like you could shoot someone with it

You might need to capture them first

ppffehehhehe

at first I thought that was a 24-70 2.8 and was like "asdf why buy that for such an entry level, DX camera" but then I realized it was a 70-300 4.5 and was OK with that. Neato

So, one of my friends is getting into DSLR filming and video, and he's looking for a wide angle lens for his Canon 7D, and he's wondering if this is a good, all-around multipurpose wide lens (mostly for film)

So, one of my friends is getting into DSLR filming and video, and he's looking for a wide angle lens for his Canon 7D, and he's wondering if this is a good, all-around multipurpose wide lens (mostly for film)
No, that's sooooooooooooo wide. A general purpose lens would be like an 18-55, something in that range. 18 is wide, but it's a decent wide on a cropped sensor that doesn't look bad at all and 55 is a nice focal length too. Depends on how serious he wants to get but an 18-55 kit would serve him well for very casual stuff. 14 would just be too wide and unusable for anything more than like, five feet from the camera.

ps. new content on my blog. Chex it out and tell a friend or whatever

http://nickseitz.wordpress.com/