■ The Photography Megathread ■

Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242606 times)

My Yashica Electro 35 w/extended lens

need a battery so no pics yet

i thought it said research

Taken with my frankly decent LG G4 and filtered with some gay stuff. Cats are cool yo

I want an a6000 really bad

I got a new lens (Sigma 35mm f1.4) and went to a model train museum to test it out.
The f1.4 will help a lot with some of the dimly lit stuff I shoot
I tried it out here (the train layouts where in 'night' with dim lighting and christmas lights) but it was simply too thin of depth of field for most purposes, and I had to stop down to like f4-5.6 for a lot of shots. But here's a shot of f1.4 that I think turned out well

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:25:02 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

I need to photograph stars for exam
Recommend tripod and stuff
And tips
Idk
Thanks

I have a MeFOTO RoadTrip tripod, and I like it. Full size, yet collapses down impressively small, more than anything I've seen. It's made for traveling, but is still study enough for anything I'd ever need it for. And can convert to a monopod. My only complaint is I don't much like ball heads

If you plan on using it for now than this, you could look into that. But it's probably more then you'd want to spend if this is the only thing you need it for. Probably can should find something cheap (but well rated) on Amazon.

Other tips:
Use a light pollution map (https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/) and drive to a dark area. As far away from the cities as you can.
The widest, fastest lens you have.
Long exposures, of course
Get a remote shutter release if you can. Use timer mode if you can't. Either way, don't touch that stuff
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:24:28 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

I have a MeFOTO RoadTrip tripod, and I like it. Full size, yet collapses down impressively small, more than anything I've seen. It's made for traveling, but is still study enough for anything I'd ever need it for. And can convert to a monopod. My only complaint is I don't much like ball heads

If you plan on using it for now than this, you could look into that. But it's probably more then you'd want to spend if this is the only thing you need it for. Probably can should find something cheap (but well rated) on Amazon.

Other tips:
Use a light pollution map (https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/) and drive to a dark area. As far away from the cities as you can.
The widest, fastest lens you have.
Long exposures, of course
Get a remote shutter release if you can. Use timer mode if you can't. Either way, don't touch that stuff
I bought a cheapo €40 from a duych version of amazon. Getting a shutter release on monday and I can borrow a 24mm 1.8f lens from school.

Apperently the sky will be very clear next week but the moon is gon forget my stuff up so idk. Apperently a new moon is best

I only need to find out how to find the milky way
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:50:54 PM by espio100 »

The GS8+ is a pretty strong shooter IMO.  Especially since I can shoot RAW to a 256gb microSD card and can still edit within Lightroom on the app or upload it to Creative Cloud and edit on my desktop.

is that a panorama or does it have ridiculously high field of view for a phone

3 pictures merged together as one through Lightroom

got this shot quite a few years ago at a local park. really lucky he didn't fly away. i probably could have gotten even closer