Author Topic: The violin oh how I want to learn to play it  (Read 1002 times)

I've been wanting to learn to play the violin

Escala - Palladio

I want to play the cello, but my parents think Im joking :C

would you by chance have a high expectations asian father

would you by chance have a high expectations asian father

why per chance?

I've played the violin for four years (not anymore though because of DUMB LIFE stuff) and it's really great. I think the violin sounds amazing and learning how to play is fun too, especially if you're really interested in it.

The only bad part is resin-ing up your bow before every time you play... uuuuh

Doesn't it take like years and years to get anywhere with it?
Clones patience is limited to 3.4 seconds.

the ploblem is I'm very low on determination like I almost always give up halfway through stuff :C

tried learning the guitar once and gave up

Doesn't it take like years and years to get anywhere with it?
Clones patience is limited to 3.4 seconds.

not that I've heard

the bagpipes now take three generations

bagpipes take an infinite amount of time to master because they'll sound like stuff no matter what.

bagpipes take an infinite amount of time to master because they'll sound like stuff no matter what.

Fred I'm asking you right now please leave the thread

I used to like you this is to much I don't know how to deal with this new turn of events

Fred I'm asking you right now please leave the thread

I used to like you this is to much I don't know how to deal with this new turn of events
i've never heard anyone play anything on a bagpipe that didn't make me want to dig my cervix out with a dessert fork. convince me that bagpipes don't sound horrid.

I dunno, I'm sure there are some people out there who have mastered the art of blowing a pipe and fondling sacks...
also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeyjbqDCIeg#t=4m23s

I played the violin and still do every now and again. Not that hard to learn, just really gotta learn which fingers go to which notes. Only problem is how expensive violins are :/

I did violin for a bit once. It was alright, I never felt very attached to it or the music so I stooped.