Author Topic: Vehicle Shocks and miscellanea.  (Read 2863 times)

So I have a model. I haven't actually gone and scripted the vehicle or converted it to a DTS yet.
I'd like to know, how are shocks managed?
As is evident with the last help topic I made, I don't know all that much about working with vehicles and playertypes.

I'm assuming you didn't make that.
And there aren't any "shocks".
it's all in the script.

I'm assuming you didn't make that.
That would be correct. This will be entirely private, until I make one that's more suitable for Blockland.

And there aren't any "shocks".
it's all in the script.
Right, but how would I make that stuff bounce and all?

It's managed in the wheel datablock I believe

You have to add bones for the wheel hubs (and mount points). The rest is taken care by the script.

You have to add bones for the wheel hubs (and mount points). The rest is taken care by the script.
So the shocks are not separate from the chassis? Good to know, at least.

So the shocks are not separate from the chassis? Good to know, at least.
Yep. The chassis has pivot points on it, from which come the Upper and Lower Control Arms, at the end of these arms are ball-and-socket joints that allow the spindle to move up and down with the shock absorber, and universal joints are used on the axle to allow it to flex, and still maintain its rotation.

Yep. The chassis has pivot points on it, from which come the Upper and Lower Control Arms, at the end of these arms are ball-and-socket joints that allow the spindle to move up and down with the shock absorber, and universal joints are used on the axle to allow it to flex, and still maintain its rotation.
Funny guy

Just add a little bit more info here, in order for the suspension action to show up in game, you have to animate them.
Here is the reference.
http://docs.garagegames.com/torque-3d/reference/classWheeledVehicle.html

Yes as above says (he stole what i was going to post).

Spring animations: To visualise the suspension action, the vehicle model should contain a non-cyclic animation sequence for each wheel that animates the appropriate hub node from t=0 (fully compressed to t=1 (fully extended). The sequences must be called springN, where N matches the wheel hub index.

he stole what i was going to post
You just copied what the reference said.

You just copied what the reference said.
No stuff.

No stuff.
Okay.

Spring animations: To visualise the suspension action, the vehicle model should contain a non-cyclic animation sequence for each wheel that animates the appropriate hub node from t=0 (fully compressed to t=1 (fully extended). The sequences must be called springN, where N matches the wheel hub index.
This is what you wrote.

The highlight part is what the reference said.

It's obvious that they are the same, so that's why I said you just copied what the reference said.

Now what you gonna say?