Author Topic: My parents want me to learn programming by playing Roblox.  (Read 2611 times)

Some of us do get updates passed to him.

just like bethesda

Tell your parents that you would rather learn TorqueScript from Blockland, which can be used in Torque3D to make quality games.

Tell your parents that you would rather learn TorqueScript from Blockland, which can be used in Torque3D to make quality games.

I actually suggested TorqueScript to them, but they found the Roblox Lua book first.

the roblox studio is actually a very powerful development environment that would help you get a good start on concepts in programming.

and i mean just the roblox studio, not dressing yourself up and censoring swears in others' games, just building in the studio.

the studio doesn't really have a good method for sharing your game (as you can only host it on their website) so you'll have to move on eventually. if you're still interested in lua, there's always löve. roblox lua isn't that different from base lua; in fact it's still just lua but with a couple functions added and removed for security - one of my favorites being wait().

you'll have no problem moving on to löve if you already understand the basic concepts of lua; all you'd need to know are the functions, which are all available on the very informative wiki.

the roblox studio is actually a very powerful development environment that would help you get a good start on concepts in programming.

and i mean just the roblox studio, not dressing yourself up and censoring swears in others' games, just building in the studio.

the studio doesn't really have a good method for sharing your game (as you can only host it on their website) so you'll have to move on eventually. if you're still interested in lua, there's always löve. roblox lua isn't that different from base lua; in fact it's still just lua but with a couple functions added and removed for security - one of my favorites being wait().

you'll have no problem moving on to löve if you already understand the basic concepts of lua; all you'd need to know are the functions, which are all available on the very informative wiki.
Listen to him, not the people talking about blockland being better and that you should learn the more complex torque.

autistic and a furry...
WHAT A COINCIDENCE

i'd personally stay the forget out of robloxs community because the censorings gonna get to you.

I remember learning a thing or two in nintendoZACHERY's script builder, like putting hats on my head and changing the head size and something about controlling players
Oh older roblox...

You're gonna have a real good time learning

Your parents MAKE you play an inferior game to Blockland to learn how to script?

Wow..

the game isn't that bad, the community is a piece of stuff though. same with this game. this game is good, but the community loving sucks.

the game isn't that bad, the community is a piece of stuff though. same with this game. this game is good, but the community loving sucks.
this

finally someone loving understands

Unreal Development Kit. Learning that is so much more fun.

Learn C++ or Java.
Both better.
But try love
Which is just like roblox's lua.

Tell your mom you're going to learn what you want to learn

You won't be a serious game developer only knowing lua.

oh lord this just cracks me up

they force you to program a stuff game