Author Topic: Blockland Iphone App  (Read 1657 times)

I brought this up a while ago and there have to have been many threads on this but I think Blockland needs to come to the Iphone.  I doesn't need to be the exact game, limited map room, default add-ons (or include RTB and be able to add add-ons).  People in my last thread for this, I'm remembering, said that the interface couldn't be designed well.  I got the Minecraft app about a month ago and its interface is really good-arrow pad with jump button on the slightly off-set lower left-hand corner, with rotation touch area everywhere else.  Just add in a button in one right-hand corner to open the inventory and click to select the item, a button on a right different right hand corner for opening the brick menu where the inventory opened up, a button to open the paint menu in-between the brick and inventory buttons, and it should be all good.  Seems likely enough.  I'm not sure if it would be economical for Badspot to make a free version of this on the iphone, but that would be preferable.  Maybe just amp up the price for computer Blockland and just keep the extra profits while a fraction of the Blockland community profits on the fun of the app.

/Discuss the possibility of this, beyond the interface-because I believe this would be the easy part.

OH MY GOD
STOP POSTING THIS
LOCK THIS
NOW

you know what would be cooler, an RTB app for the iPhone

If blockland is not even getting an engine update, it's CERTAINLY not going to be made on iOS.

you know what would be cooler, an RTB app for the iPhone

And the Nook Color, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, and a Windows, Linux and Mac desktop/dock app

of all the reasons i hate the idea. ill name the most important to me.

even here on PC, the aliasing is obnoxious and incredibly noticeable. the only thing that makes the game playable for me without my head exploding is that i can force a AA setting from outside the game.

if you think a phone will be any less aliasing notorious, then you need a slap. in fact with lower resolutions and lower refresh rates, and lower colors, a phone should not be playing any PC port.

but im all for badspot making a non bl related game for iphone/droids
i cant say i wouldnt jump at it :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:57:33 PM by Bisjac »

Although there is practically no chance of Blockland the game coming to iOS, I think it would be awesome if Ephialtes were to make a Blockland Community app which allowed people to access the forums and use RTB chat.

Although there is practically no chance of Blockland the game coming to iOS, I think it would be awesome if Ephialtes were to make a Blockland Community app which allowed people to access the forums and use RTB chat.
Yeh not nessarly play the game, but just have the rtb chat/IRC

Definitely an RTB app. It would be cool if you could also browse mods, and "download" them so to speak. As in, you hit download, and the next time you access Blockland on the computer, it starts downloading.

Definitely an RTB app. It would be cool if you could also browse mods, and "download" them so to speak. As in, you hit download, and the next time you access Blockland on the computer, it starts downloading.
This would be nice

But sadly Blockland will not be ported on to the Iphone sorry
and read this:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=193967.0

It took minecraft ages to make an official app, with their millions of players backing them. I don't think 35,000 players will cut it.

It took minecraft ages to make an official app, with their millions of players backing them. I don't think 35,000 players will cut it.
not to mention even if blockland was on some sort of portable device it would be useless anyway, blockland needs to be on pc for multiple reasons but also for the keyboard, because we need so many different ways and options that would be 99.9% limited on any other client, thus rendering it useless

the entire idea is ridiculous

you forgets won't build when given good controls, why would you build when given stuff controls

Was working on something like this, but then I ran into the problem of that RTBC relied on Blockland's propretariary authentication scheme. I'd start working on it again instantly whenever that Pidgin plugin comes out.

I'd start working on it again instantly whenever that Pidgin plugin comes out.
Some changes were made to connect auth to support this, just a case of having time to pursue it, which is something both Ephi and I don't have at the moment.