Author Topic: Will this laptop be able to run blockland at all?  (Read 3132 times)

I have an iPod for that kind of stuff. I'm just curious if I'll get a BSOD for the first time in my life.

Why do you even have this

Why do you even have this
It's free and gives me nostalgia highs.

If a potato runs it...

I'm gonna stress-test an ancient Windows XP laptop I found. I haven't turned it on yet, so I don't know the specs besides what cnet.com tells me.

32-160 MB RAM
AMD K6-2 400.0 MHz processor
100.0 MHz Front Side Bus
L2 cache - 256.0 KB - Pipeline Burst Cache
PCI - S3 ViRGE/MX - 2.0 MB SGRAM graphics processor

I doubt Blockland will even open with this, but it really couldn't hurt to try. While I'm searching for the plug, does anyone have an idea on this speed?
mine is better then yours and mine is a geforce 6 series?

wtf.

Well at least it's not a MacBook.

I know you were just trying to be funny, but pre-2012 I always ran Blockland on a 2007 MacBook and it was a very pleasant experience.

This computer on the other hand will not run Blockland. I could only run Blockland (uncomfortably) on the following specs:

512MB Ram
Celeron Processor 800MHz
Some crappy Intel graphics

Don't recommend even bothering.

Don't you remember my topic in General Discussion? This is gonna put that new computer of yours speed to shame.
It's got a FLOPPY DISK! OWNED!

You would have better luck with a Netbook. Before I got my real laptop, I used my Netbook for Blockland (or my Desktop). And unless you have 3 grand sitting around, a laptop will never be better at gaming than a Desktop.

(urls ftw)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:26:44 PM by Jeep »

Pecon beat me to it.

Keyboard.exe
Wut

It turns your keyboard into a piano. Very fun.

That's a nice toaster from 1991 you got here.Sadly Blockland will get 0 FPS when you place 1 brick.

The AMD K6-2 processor was introduced in 1998 you silly rabbits.

That's a nice toaster from 1991 you got here.Sadly Blockland will get 0 FPS when you place 1 brick.
thats impossible but it mite go under 1 fps

a laptop will never be better at gaming than a Desktop

What do you mean by "better than a desktop"? What is the measurement for that?

There are many budget laptops that can run games comfortably and give you a very good gaming experience.