Author Topic: Computer questions.  (Read 806 times)

So I am upgrading from 32 bit vista to 64 bit windows 7 soon, and I have been wonder if it will not only wipe out my program's and settings (which I could give no more forgets about.), but will it also wipe out my drivers?

The reason I am doing this is because vista is getting slow and old.
Help?

There's an upgrade option.

It will keep your files and maybe your settings, most likely not drivers though.

Download your drivers and put them on a storage device so you can install them without the hassle of no networking.

There's an upgrade option.

It will keep your files and maybe your settings, most likely not drivers though.

Download your drivers and put them on a storage device so you can install them without the hassle of no networking.
darn it, re installing drivers isn't very easy for me :C
Is there any other way? Cause I really want 64 bit, my computer is compatible, I need to do a custom install and stuff.

darn it, re installing drivers isn't very easy for me :C
Is there any other way? Cause I really want 64 bit, my computer is compatible, I need to do a custom install and stuff.
Do this before you upgrade.

Do this before you upgrade.
will 32 bit be the same aswell? I don't want to keep my files though :/

will 32 bit be the same aswell? I don't want to keep my files though :/
Pick the 64 bit ones, It should give you a choice.

Pick the 64 bit ones, It should give you a choice.
no I mean if I try to upgrade from 32 bit vista to 32 bit windows 7, will it also wipe out the drivers?

no I mean if I try to upgrade from 32 bit vista to 32 bit windows 7, will it also wipe out the drivers?
Yes, it will.

Yes, it will.
I guess I'll have to keep my files and do a direct upgrade :C

I guess I'll have to keep my files and do a direct upgrade :C
Actually, you might lose your drivers there too.
Just download them and put them on a SD card or USB flash drive or something.

Actually, Windows 7 is likely to have a lot of the drivers already built into it.

Actually, Windows 7 is likely to have a lot of the drivers already built into it.
Those are the standard VGA drivers, it doesn't come with some of the other stuff like networking.
So you can install your drivers in a beautiful 800x600 resolution with windows basic.

Those are the standard VGA drivers, it doesn't come with some of the other stuff like networking.
So you can install your drivers in a beautiful 800x600 resolution with windows basic.
It comes with more than just VGA drivers but okay.

It comes with more than just VGA drivers but okay.
I know there's more, but the only ones you'd really care about is the VGA, mouse, keyboard and possibly DVD drivers.

Actually, you might lose your drivers there too.
Just download them and put them on a SD card or USB flash drive or something.
but it says you don't loose your files program's settings and stuff