6 (16.7%)
Sniper Tower
4 (11.1%)
Carrier Interior
2 (5.6%)
Battleship(s) Interior(s)
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Battlefield: Berlin - V2  (Read 72142 times)

Info:
First release of the map...

No, this isn't Berlin, but it is a beautiful paradise near the coast off of Europe! Enjoy fighting here while having a scenic view during battle! Just don't let your guard down or you're toast! Wait, did I say toast? I meant to say, shot...dead!

This map was worked on for a well 3 days. I had a ton of free for all of this week, so I decided to make a map. Even though this is my first map, I of course will improve and take ideas for the map. PM me on RTB (LolCatz Co.) for the ideas. If you don't have RTB, please just PM me at justinlego001@gmail.com or just on the forums. Thanks for the ideas!

Second release of the map...

I am honored to make this map better. And so I have, I added a bridge to connect a hidden base in a small island to a large open base which is great to build an airfield at. I hope you all enjoy this version of here! Sadly, I do not have pictures of the second map but I do have the basic explanation for this map, 1 city which has a tall tower and 6 small buildings, 1 long bridge to 2 islands. And a new building spot (hard to find unless sniper or on air.

Features:
Green = In-game
Red = Idea
Blue = Upcoming

Bridge from large island to hidden building spot
Large land
Palm Trees
Airfield
New skybox
Nice, big, beaches!
City
Carriers
Building Areas (dirt areas)
Secret Soviet Base
Docks
Artillery Positions (Available if you build a spot in the bases then get Gravity Cat's Howitzer vehicle, and your set then!)
Paradise
Scattered Islands
Slow-Moving Sun

Bugs:
The map name comes up as Flatlands. I have no clue
on how to fix that yet, why not help me?

The second version of the map still has it's name as Flatlands

The second version of the map has ... instead of Author, Title, Description, and all that. (fixed)

Downloads:
MediaFire:
Version 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?z9bnhy7b3ie7uv9
Version 2 (Latest): http://www.mediafire.com/?lw8pzm4ervm2yp4

Instructions:
1. Open Battlefield Berlin.rar
2. Open you Blockland addons folder
3. Drag the folder named Map_BattlefieldBerlin into the addons folder
4. Go back to Battlefield Berlin.rar
5. Make a new .rar named Battlefield Berlin.rar
6. If it asks you if you want to replace and copy the files, select yes.
7. put in the Map_BattlefieldBerlin things inside the new .rar
4. Close the folders and .rars
5. Run Blockland. Enjoy!

Download normally! And if you say .zips don't work, read the "How to package a Map" by Badspot!

(If it doesn't work, please wait until I actually make it work a bit better.)

I love big text, though, it shows a bit of randomness or RAGE.

FAQ:

Ask some questions at:
Justinlego001@gmail.com
or
PM me on RTB (IRC) (justinlego001, LolCatz Co.)
or
PM me on BL Forums (Clone trooper) (The site your on right now...Which you should know)

Enjoy!

Tell me if it doesn't work

Pictures are attached to this page somewhere!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:29:16 PM by Clone trooper »

Nice map for a first. Now I would suggest trying to use your own textures, adding more terrain features for realism, and perhaps giving the map some more character with a tower, battleship, airfield, or whatever suits your desire. The biggest problem I have with this map is its name. Perhaps you should think of something more suitable or add Berlin features to the map.

Also, never list "started from scratch" as a feature; it's not.

Nice map for a first. Now I would suggest trying to use your own textures, adding more terrain features for realism, and perhaps giving the map some more character with a tower, battleship, airfield, or whatever suits your desire. The biggest problem I have with this map is its name. Perhaps you should think of something more suitable or add Berlin features to the map.

Also, never list "started from scratch" as a feature; it's not.

Well this was my first map. I started kinda from scratch. I started from Flatgrass and made this map later...This is just meant to be an island battlefield, not Berlin. Plus, I used the tips you told me in your tutorial (only for the water area, but then I figured the water and how it works, so thx for the tips!) And I will soon add cities and an airfield. There is a battleship + aircraft carrier vehicle somewhere on the forums. I just cant find it. I had it once. But thx anyway!

The Islands earned its name by being captured and controlled by the Axis. Later on, it was a supply source for Berlin. That's how it earned its name, Berlin Islands!

surprised no one sayed anything about v21

surprised no one sayed anything about v21
it doesn't need to be posted in every topic

it doesn't need to be posted in every topic
exactly. lets just enjoy it while it lasts

inb4thatswhatshesaid.

It has nothing to do with berlin

Why is a tropical island called Berlin?

I know why its tropical! Look at his name, Clone Trooper. It must be from the future! Berlin Hawaii!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:39:09 AM by Lusk »

Guys! Its just a name. You cant judge a book by its cover! Besides, you just made me drop my friggin' pizza! GAHHH!!! I will add Berlin Features soon. If that is what you want!  :cookieMonster:

UPDATE: V2
New Features:
A small village
American Base
Ships (2 ships)
Docks
Russian Base
-----------------------------
Many more is upcoming
so stay on the lookout
for the next update of
the map!

Guys! Its just a name. You cant judge a book by its cover! Besides, you just made me drop my friggin' pizza! GAHHH!!! I will add Berlin Features soon. If that is what you want!  :cookieMonster:
Berlin isnt on a tropical island. It very cold, and snowy. Not hot and tropical.

Berlin isnt on a tropical island. It very cold, and snowy. Not hot and tropical.

Would you shut up! This isn't supposed to be based on Berlin, it's only a name. Will you please just stop thinking everything has to be perfect, when PERFECT doesn't exist! You're not even perfect!

Besides, in V2, I am adding Berlin style things. A town, small connection of gravel roads, and of course a bridge. That is all the new features so far, soon will be a new skybox. Just imagine Europe breaking into small islands, each country is stranded in the ocean with chains of islands. Berlin would be one of the surviving cities. That's the main idea of how the map is supposed to be thought of.

Technically, please, just please stop whining that this isn't Berlin. It's just a chain of islands with some nice details (better in V2 of map).

Plus, I am mostly German. I lived in Berlin, I remember everything in Berlin! It isn't cold or snowy, only in the winter. In all other seasons they are hot and tropical feeling (though, not tropical region).