Author Topic: [THEORY] Shifting Spawns and Capture Points  (Read 1057 times)

Although the title says spawns and CPs, it can be any brick.

Using this, this and this, it is possible to create something of a map cycle.

You could load the specific bricks that move or change when, for instance, the round is reset. The spawns and capture points could shift on a static map or whole new builds could be loaded. If there is ever any event triggers for specific teams for winning a minigame, something like TF2's territorial gamemode could be evented. (I'm planning to use this in a future TDM).

Just a hint here. It's possible to do more.

Oh look, it's my add-on.

...I still haven't created clearing bricks via events...

If you use Slayer you could simply shift the spawn colors and cause everyone to spawn in a different build.

If you use Slayer you could simply shift the spawn colors and cause everyone to spawn in a different build.
WHY HAVE I NOT DONE THIS?!

I would just make an out of map spawn room with a zone. When the players spawn they enter the zone and the events then determine the spawn.

motherofgoodideas.jpg

Yeah. I don't know if slayer is going to be used or not, though. I know there are some people who don't prefer it.

And you can shift more than spawns. You could have elements of random map generation with VCE, for example. Every time the round starts, different buildings, hills or places could be randomly chosen. One of some large amount of possibilities.

weaponry would need to be adjusted which is impossible just using slayer :/

weaponry would need to be adjusted which is impossible just using slayer :/
Depends on how you set the build up. You could just have weapon spawns sitting around. Also, I have a map/build/minigame cycle for Slayer that I still have to finish.

I suggested this to someone, and we both agreed it would lag the game to stuff.

Well then both of you are wrong

Yeah, no.

So if this was true, you'd load bricks once and the server would lag straight for a long time after. That doesn't really happen, does it?

This is basically just loading small amounts of bricks. If you kept it small, something like 100 bricks would still retain its main function. It wouldn't lag (if it would, it would be entirely minimal). So yeah, that's off. And who's that someone?

Ipquarx. It was a different amount, such as one whole TDM map removed and another replaced. 20000 brick saves. loading small things like that would run smoothly.

I don't see how it would lag any more than the default load and clear functions

Lol how have I not thought this!