Totally not generic light DJ thing (Video)

Author Topic: Totally not generic light DJ thing (Video)  (Read 1150 times)

Since everyone is posting these, I thought I might as well post this one that I've had for a while
There's a bunch of stuff I didn't get pictures of, but pictures don't really do this sort of build much justice.
Lots of relays on this set because more relays means more seizures.

Uploaded a video to the youtubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrFOCGWx7g8&feature=youtu.be
Its not the best sync ever but I wanted to get a video of this set so yeah no offense gentoo

The whole set

These are relayed, Pulse side to side sort of

These are relayed too, flash approximately 20 times per second discluding lag. Could possibly cause seizures. It can flash two colors as well, so you could make it strobe contrasting colors for more seizure.

And these. They pulse up and down

Generic wedges totally not based off of Deadmau5. Nope.

The actual button set up is a clusterforget, but its sort of arranged I guess.

Which walls look better, these ones or the flat baseplate cubes?

This type reflects more light, but idk if I like how it looks.

I thought I had a video, but apparently I don't, so I'll hopefully get one eventually.

I might update the build, idk. Just whenever I get ideas or whatever.
input pls
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:47:51 PM by kiwibear »

I like the plain black and white one, all those other colors are icky. I really like the simplistic design, better than other stages in that respect.

I have seen a few of these, but I really like yours.

I like the plain black and white one, all those other colors are icky.
Well, it is a light dj set thing or whatever you want to call it, so if I only made it white it'd be boring, you silly :P

Easily one of the best I've ever seen.

I'd post a video, but recording while using this is nearly impossible, plus I suck at syncing, ironically. I tend to just record Gentoo.
Totally not a bump

This is cool, Kiwi, nice job, I like this alot. 10/10

Pretty nice, better then most.

Wow I've not seen a better light show than that on Blockland, 10/10!

it would be cool if you could somehow event it so that it creates a preset light show that melts into the different colors.

it would be cool if you could somehow event it so that it creates a preset light show that melts into the different colors.
like a sectional version of the RGB lights, yeah that would be nice.
also I can't wait to see these in v21.