Author Topic: Palas Iasi breaks world record  (Read 820 times)

A mall center, Palas Iasi, had a couple of fun activites from the 31st of May to the 3rd of June. This evening, the 2nd of June, at 19:00 GMT (21:00 GTM+2), Palas Iasi had a try at breaking the world record for the most paper lanterns launched, which was held by India.
Pic from the place itself!

Pretty damn many, hope we made it. Don't know yet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:47:39 AM by Tudoreleuu »

71281 people had their houses burnt down that fateful night.

What are the requirements to break a world record
I mean I dunno the rules at all
For example what if a man like uhh
Eats 10 whole pizzas in 2011
He wants to get into the book again this year so he tries but can only eat 9
But what if he decides do it standing on one leg, then does it go into the world records?

Not really. It has to be like generic and worth awhile.

Update: Romania now holds the record for the most paper lanterns launched with 12740 lanterns!

well that was fast.

What I'm wondering is, when the combustible material under the things runs out, where will they all crash? :o

These ow lanterns ow won't ow stop ow falling ow on ow my ow head! OW

These ow lanterns ow won't ow stop ow falling ow on ow my ow head! OW
They're actually very lightweight, but the country next to us, Moldova, might have a lantern rain since that's where they flew towards.

what the hell happens to them all?

wouldn't they burn stuff down after they eventually landed?

what the hell happens to them all?

wouldn't they burn stuff down after they eventually landed?

pretty sure that they would be blown out if wind had managed to blow them to the ground somewhere, and even then, the flame would not be there considering the lantern went down. the flame wouldn't be intact, and if anything, they would burn up themselves by accident.

oh yeah? i broke the world record for most buttons built into my house.

what a bunch of starfishs, now all india will be known for is old tech support jokes that roamed the internet in like 2005

pretty sure that they would be blown out if wind had managed to blow them to the ground somewhere, and even then, the flame would not be there considering the lantern went down. the flame wouldn't be intact, and if anything, they would burn up themselves by accident.
There were actually some failed launched lanterns that burned down on some cables and burned out in trees. No damage made.