Author Topic: Port Forwarding..Forward what?  (Read 1807 times)

Ok, the Port Forwarding thread is there, I know, but it does not really help me, because I have no router. I have a cable from my computer to the modem(Westell Model 2200), then from the modem to the phone.(not dial-up) I gave blockland complete access, and even with the firewall off I cannot make a server. I followed the very last step on the Port Forwarding guide, and have the same exact numbers, except for the ones that are mine.

I am good at several things; Internet connections, is not one of them.

I am good at several things; Internet connections, is not one of them.
Shame,
have you turned on Windows Firewall by any chance?

Badspot

• Administrator
Possibilities:

1.  Windows firewall
2.  Other firewall software like Norton/Symantec/ZoneAlarm
3.  Firewall integrated into the modem
4.  Make sure you've selected the "internet" option when starting a game.
5.  Maybe no one likes you.  Test if your server is actually showing up as "dead".   

...and even with the firewall off I cannot make a server...

Or check to see that you are internet connected.

or that it doesn't show an IP of 127.0.0.1

People can join my server, but it is always dead.

Port forwarding sorta-failed me I guess.

Probably the modem, I ran a second blockland and it appeared dead, but let me check windows firewall again.

(Blockland has total absolute freedom as far as Norton firewall)

Windows Firewall is off.

EDIT:

Server is still dead even with Windows Firewall/Norton Antivirus whatever off.

Thank you very much, but I just get dragged to some Bellsouth setup Page with no passwords or anything.

Thank you very much, but I just get dragged to some Bellsouth setup Page with no passwords or anything.
[/s]

Misplaced one of the numbers, but, when it was correct, it bought up some "could not find" page.

Ok, found my exact model, and curse me it is a bellsouth model. Ill try to get it working smoothly though.