Roofs

Author Topic: Roofs  (Read 2395 times)

They're ugly, right?

Alright they are cool, they just reminded me too much of minecraft and I didn't think of them the right way. This is a good design for older buildings, perfect for the camp... Locked.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:51:20 AM by Minnax »

I made them so they can't be >:C

Looks like wasted brick count, depending on how big the build is going to be.

They don't look bad.

They don't look bad.
Fairly contained, but lots of bricks.

They don't look bad.

We are gonna use a lot of bricks, so this is technically bad for the brick count.

Much better than ramps. I use that style.

I don't think they take up that many bricks.. really.

Much better than ramps. I use that style.

I don't think they take up that many bricks.. really.
YES.  Incin: 2  Minnax: 0

They're ugly, right?
OmG I luk so fyat in dis pic ;((((((((

I always build roofs that way if I don't want them to be to steep. Looks muh better than ramps and oftem takes (believe or not) less bricks than ramps (unless you have some superwide ramppack).

If you would add some 1x16whatever plates under the edges of the roof as if it would continue but would be cut off, it would be perfect

With ramps, the roof would be too thick for such a building. Plates win.

I agree with Steven and ant, the roof doesn't look bad at all and roofs should be made that way. If you cannot handle the extra 500 bricks (assuming about 20 roofs) then boo on you

I like the trimming you have under the roof part that overhangs, das nice.

Yes yes, very nice roofs. I would work on the structure of your buildings though, they’re a little stale. I’m not saying they’re boring, I’m just saying that they could just be a bit more smooooth

Really nice though. I look forward to the final outcome!!!

I do like the edge underneath the roof

Steven

You shall buuurrn!

oftem takes (believe or not) less bricks than ramps (unless you have some superwide ramppack).

That's actually correct. I also advice everyone not to use those wider ramps. Hate the stuffty collision.

With ramps, the roof would be too thick for such a building.

Also correct. Ramp roofs are often executed as very thick which looks like horsestuff if the building is this small.