Author Topic: Blockland won't run  (Read 1264 times)

Ok, I decided to just uninstall Blockland and install it again. I had a lot of unwanted maps and addons, so I decided to start from scratch. So I go and retrieve my key, then download the installer. I run it, and everything goes perfectly. Until I go to run the game. When I start it up, the usual console comes up, the Blockland window never comes up. I've waited for over a half hour, and nothing. I exit out and retry. Nothing. I add -opengl to the target. Nothing. (My DirectX is effed up, and only OpenGL works.) What's going on? I'll post my console log.

yes, the engine initialized bug. i get that, it means i might have to bring up 4 or 5 instances of BL to actually play.

not that i know, i haven't reinstalled once yet.

If I bring up more than two, my computer slows to almost a standstill. Yes, I have a crappy computer.

Badspot

• Administrator
-opengl is not a vaild argument for Blockland, it will have no effect.

Add -trace then post your console log

How much ram do you have?
If your directX is messed up then other things probably are too.  Try re-installing your video drivers.

I have tried re-installing my drivers, twice. Nothing. I'll do the trace thing now.

Ok, here's the log.

Badspot

• Administrator
Nothing seems to be wrong, just the window isn't visible.  Try alt+tabbing to it?  There should be two Blockland "B" icons visible when you alt+tab.  One is the console window and the other is the game window.  Try switching to the game window and pressing alt+enter

Gah! I accidentally hit post. editplease? It worked! Thanks Badspot! I feel stupid for not thinking of that.

Badspot

• Administrator
did alt+tabbing to it work or did you have to press alt+enter?