EPIC
5 (7.5%)
Good
11 (16.4%)
OK
14 (20.9%)
Bad
8 (11.9%)
My favorite thing is in v21, I this gets crushed.
21 (31.3%)
I don't care
8 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Blocko Islands  (Read 23464 times)

I know this is a bad time cause V21 comes out today soon, so um, here it is, applause please!

You tried the rest, so go with the best!

PIX

and finnaly..

oops, not that, THIS.

Vote x/10 and have fun!  :cookieMonster:

note: v21 does not come out today.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:10:02 PM by Blockland1337 »

was toast there to say
"his map will be toast in v21"?

6/10 not very interesting, weird sudden drops and cliffs, blocky and jagged terrain.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:26:16 PM by Electrk »

Just realised it
but its name is flatlands on the main menu. Tell me if you have this problem.

was toast there to say
"his map will be toast in v21"?

There is a poll for that.

Needs a lot of work. Terrain is very jagged, try smoothing it out. You should also try adding custom textures so it looks more appealing. If you want you can also try your hand at making some interiors to liven up the map.

Just realised it
but its name is flatlands on the main menu. Tell me if you have this problem.

Code: [Select]
//--- OBJECT WRITE BEGIN ---
new SimGroup(MissionGroup) {

new ScriptObject(MissionInfo) {
         name = "Flatlands";
         saveName = "Flatlands";
   };

Open the .mis file, change "Flatlands" to "Blocko Islands," or whatever you want it to appear as in-game.

i dont c any thing about toast
it was a joke its actuly kinda good
7.5/10

Where has Nasoa and Ostinyo gone? They were my friends

good map. Use custom textures. What mega bear said
7.5/10

Wait, open up the .mis file? How do I do that? I actually tried replacing it in Mission Editor, then it worked, but then when I quit and when I came back it was still flatlands.

EDIT: What interiors would I add? A house?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:11:49 PM by Blockland1337 »

Fixed the Name problem, now working on terrain.

i dont c any thing about toast
it was a joke its actuly kinda good
7.5/10
i get it.....
if you don't mind

Ostinyo stopped playing BL.  Moved on to other games....
Sad panda --> :panda:

6/10
If you want it to look good i suggest smoothing the edges, but make sure you don't touch the inside while smoothing.  Uneven terrain + building = not fun.   New textures would be a good idea too.  If you don't want to spend the time learning Torque Constructor, I could probably whip up a couple interiors for you to add.

good map. Use custom textures. What mega bear said
7.5/10

Nasoa disappeared and Ostinyo has, from what I've gathered, got things made. He said he wants to become a level designer for video games, and I think he's got his work cut out for him.

Sharp-edged island,water looks weird in some spots,it needs refinement but I like the idea.5.749/10

Both Nasoa and I have been working on other things, though I'm not sure exactly where Nasoa is right now. I'm in the process of developing Android apps, but I may return to Blockland for a little bit after the update. If anyone wants to help out, I'll probably be making a game development team in the future for either Android or PC games, and it would be nice to have as many modelers and scripters as possible.

As for the map, I would take Mega-Bear's advice and perhaps add in more trees to make the islands seem less desolate.

Both Nasoa and I have been working on other things, though I'm not sure exactly where Nasoa is right now. I'm in the process of developing Android apps, but I may return to Blockland for a little bit after the update. If anyone wants to help out, I'll probably be making a game development team in the future for either Android or PC games, and it would be nice to have as many modelers and scripters as possible.

As for the map, I would take Mega-Bear's advice and perhaps add in more trees to make the islands seem less desolate.
could i please help with this app or game