Author Topic: Breaking Norton Safety Minder  (Read 1441 times)

Norton Safety Minder is a program that keeps kids safe from having fun (parental controls). I don't like this idea, and would like to have it removed from my computer. Things I have tried:
End Proccess: Says access is denied, despite being admin
End Service: Same as above
I cannot fully uninstall it, for then it would be obvious I did something. However, NSM is fairly glitchy and disabling it would be dismissed as a glitch.

Please help me rebel from this oppresive menace.

Edit: Let me clarify. NSM is a program separate from Norton Security. I want the former disabled and the latter kept on.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:10:59 PM by Narkro555 »

Why would you need it in the first place.

Stop using Norton, it's a piece of stuff. avast!, Kaspersky, etc. are tried and true, but if you really want protection you want Windows Security Essentials.

No, seriously. It's very opposite-of-stuff.

Why would you need it in the first place.

His parents probably installed it.

This has nothing to do with Internet security. NSM is parental controls. Norton security, I'd like to keep.

You could always uninstall it and make a fake copy of it so it appears to still be on your computer?

Stop using Norton, it's a piece of stuff. avast!, Kaspersky, etc. are tried and true, but if you really want protection you want Windows Security Essentials.

No, seriously. It's very opposite-of-stuff.
I hate when people say Norton sucks.
It doesn't suck. You're probably just bandwagoning and going off what other people say.

It doesn't suck.

No really, it does.

bandwagon, i say!
but, how does it suck? works fine for me.

It doesn't suck. You're probably just bandwagoning and going off what other people say.
I've used Norton and it doesn't protect my computer worth a damn.

His parents probably installed it.
What parent in their right mind uses Norton of all things for parental controls. Use netnanny or just bar the kids from using the computer if you want to have parental control of them.

bandwagon, i say!
It is a hit or miss and you can find free programs that do the same exact thing.

I have Norton on all my computers and I haven't gotten a virus in my life. Norton scans are efficient and fast and I can even get it to clean my registry and temporary files at the same time. It is one of the best security program I have ever used and people hating it are just bandwagoning and have probably never actually tried it.

bandwagon, i say!
look at your cpu usage

look at your cpu usage
never thought about that
but i don't have norton anyway, don't feel like paying