Author Topic: What motivates you to build?  (Read 3124 times)

Well, what gets you motivated? Everyone who builds has something or other behind them, be it boredom, or the wish to realize some idea. What is it that gets you to start building, imagining new concepts, or trying new techniques and styles?

I just build because it's fun and interesting to try and figure out how to build something to your taste (along with other stuff).

What gets you building?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:52:01 PM by Pliny »

Looking at other builds and seeing how you could make it ten times better.

I find music is a pretty big influence on me.
While it doesn't give me so many ideas, it helps me to keep going.

Put other fictional stuff into BL.

Marijuana, having people around you, and architectural thinking.

I'm always trying to encourage my friends to start building something with me but they all either don't know what to build or are too lazy to try.

I'm unsure of what motivates me. If I get an idea of what something cool I could build might look like I always give it a shot. If I've got an idea for some event contraption, that can motivate me as well. In fact, probably more than just an architectural imagining.

making something fun and unique, despite limitations

watching people enjoy my creations, and making new creations from the knowledge i've attained

blowing said creations up later

Generally playing certain games to create an idea for a build that strives to stand out of the bunch.

I find music is a pretty big influence on me.
While it doesn't give me so many ideas, it helps me to keep going.

I like having fun, and building stuff is fun. Blowing stuff up is also fun. Having people around you to make conversation with and screw about with is VERY FUN.

I guess overall what motivates me to build is the fact that building in itself is fun for me.

I tend to build one thing, then make it better each time i load it

Anything around me. I could look at buildings outside of the car.

swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazsdxc vbfgdsxcvbdxc vbxc vcvxxxsax
Sorry, I was just cleaning milk off of my keyboard.

OT: Nothing, I don't build much :(

I don't actually play a lot, so nothing  :cookieMonster: